Macy's in-store

Smuggler

Reaction score
I heard a song at Macy's which I liked, but I couldn't make out any of the lyrics other than "you and I," which was repeated again and again. Here's what I can definitely tell you:

- It had male vocals and was a ballad.
- It had that soft-alternative, sensitive-guy feel that you hear so much of these days.
- It's not by Wilco or Paul Freeman or Will Young or Celine Dion or Michael Buble or Jason Mraz or Ingrid Michaelson or Medina or Queen or the Scorpions or Rick James or Anarbor. (I have been fruitlessly Googling this for what feels like hours.)

Can anybody help me?

Sorry for asking the obvious, but is it "Just The Two of Us" by Bill Withers (iTunes)?

(Will Smith also did a version of this song.)

I never heard the Bill Withers version, but I know the Will Smith one quite well, and I'm sure that wasn't it. Thanks for trying to help, though! I know I didn't give a lot of info to go on.

If this helps at all, here's a little more of what I can remember: The chorus went like,

You and I [pause] five syllables more
You and I [pause] five syllables more

So it couldn't have been "Just the Two of Us," as that song's chorus ends with "you and I" instead of beginning with it.

I really wish I could make out more of the lyrics. But it was such a gentle song, and they didn't play it very loudly.

Macy's In-Store Techno Music

Heard a cool techno song at the Macy's in Salt Lake Downtown. Techno beat. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

When I worked at Macys (awhile back) they used a piping service called Muzak, however, different regions may use different services. (see link, then go to bottom of page under "Suppport", and then click link "What's playing now"

http://www.muzak.com/

You can check the set list at Muzak, they list what songs are playing, but the key is to find the right channel.

Back