Defying Gravity

missingmoon33

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the name of the techno song in the third episode of Defying Gravity (called Threshold) when everybody is in the strip club and the German chick decides to take off her clothes and give the guys a lap dance?

Does anyone know the name of song that played at the end of the fifth episode ("Rubicon")? Was awesome!

"Everything I Build" by The Stills (used when the crew was filling the time capsule and at the end)

Do you just happen to know the songs or are you so good at searching just by hearing the lyrics? I tried doing this for the pilot episode but I didn't find any match. Maybe you can at least help my by pointing out the songs. They're so relaxing, just like the one from the last episode (Rubicon).

It's a combination. I help out at a site that tracks songs used in tv shows (we're not doing Defying Gravity though), so I'm very good at searching stuff from lyrics and have a fairly broad knowledge of music. I also have a tendency to watch shows with the captions on, which will sometimes give the title and/or artist when a song comes on. Unfortunately searching by lyrics only works if you (a) can hear enough lyrics to do a decent search and can get them correct and (b) the lyrics are posted somewhere for the search engine to find (often not the case with more obscure artists or music library stuff)

For other songs from the show that I've noticed:

"Pioneering" by Adaline (first bar scene, pre-launch celebration)
"Hope For The Hopeless" by A Fine Frenzy (montage of crew & Maddox packing)
"Alive" by Edwin (launch / end scene)

"Sticky Situation" by Danko Jones (Maddox's classroom freak out)

song at the end of 1x6 "Bacon"

What was the song playing at the end of tonight's episode (1x6 "Bacon")?

I couldn't hear it very well. The vocals were very soft and whispered. It was sung by a male vocalist. It sounded a little like Joshua Radin.

Re: song at the end of 1x6 "Bacon"

What was the song playing at the end of tonight's episode (1x6 "Bacon")?

I couldn't hear it very well. The vocals were very soft and whispered. It was sung by a male vocalist. It sounded a little like Joshua Radin.

the song is That Home by The Cinematic Orchestra

Does anyone know the song from one of the first promos, been searching for it but haven't come up w/ anything. Thanks, hope someone can help.

"you are in my dreams and i know i would go to the ends of the earth to be where you are at"

"i would walk every step of the way that takes me back to you"

This song has been driving me crazy too...Ive gotten a few friends to check it out too...could it have been done exclusively for the show. Any help would be awesome!! :)

Does anyone know what the instrumental song at the end of episode 8 (Love, Honour, Obey) is?

It plays during the scene when the crew faces beta.

Does anybody know the name of the closing theme song (played when the credits are playing)?

Thanks!

Yeah I second that request for the song at the end of episode 8 - Instrumental - when they're going in to look at Beta - Also is in episode 9 a couple of times....

The instrumental track at the end of Episode 8 was written by the show's composer, Shawn Pierce. It was also used in Episode 9. The piece that plays over the end credits on all the shows was written by him as well. The end credit piece is a longer version of the opening 12 second Defying Main Title. The composer was reachable and answered questions through his website.

FYI...I emailed Shawn Pierce and He said the track is titled "Higher Power" and he's said there has been a lot of interest in Fox putting out a soundtrack.
fingers crossed.
Also according to him, the SHow hasn't been cancelled

Yeah, he said that there has been a lot of interest from fans of the show on where they can get the music score and he hopes that Fox may decide to put out a soundtrack but doesn't really know what will happen.

The song used twice in 110 is "Start A War" by The National.

Back