Tron Legacy

ctblass

Reaction score
Any idea where the music towards the end of the trailer is from? Sounds awesome!

Although Daft Punk is doing the Tron Legacy soundtrack, I assume that small music cue at the end of the trailer isn't by the group.

Several websites noted that the song in this teaser trailer sounds very similar to the main theme in the Mass Effect xbox video game.

However, I think I might have found the group that created the music in the last half of the tron legacy trailer but I'm not 100% sure. It's apparently a group called MCP9000.

http://www.mcp9000.com/?cat=9

According to their website, they posted several media links relating to the tron2 movie including a "remixed version" from their accompaniment to the original tron2 trailer when the movie was labeled as tr2n.

The website also has a remixed version of the supposed Daft Punk main theme for the tron2 official soundtrack.

And as a treat, the website tuxboard leaked the actual Daft Punk main theme for tron2.

http://www.tuxboard.com/?daft-punk-tron-legacy-theme

Anyone know who did the music heard at the end of the test footage? It clearly doesn't sound like Daft Punk, and, if not, who was it?

Heads up! According to director Joseph Koskinski yesterday, the music in the test footage WAS done by Daft Punk EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE TRAILER! All we need to do now it find this "custom track" in good quality mp3!

The internet rumors are that Daft Punk scored the music to the VFX test footage, which I don't think is true.

According to the below link, after a screening of the new Tron Legacy trailer (that's tied with Burton's Alice in Wonderland movie), fans and director Joseph Kosinski held a Q&A.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2010...punk-and-explicitly-not-making-another-matrix

The director reportedly confirmed that Daft Punk scored a custom track specifically for the "trailer". This is probably referring to the soon to be released trailer and not the VFX footage.

That being said the earliest documented report of Daft Punk being publicly confirmed as being connected with Tron Legacy was June 23, 2009 at the 2009 Comic Con during the "official" release of the VFX trailer.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/07/23/sdcc-tron-gains-a-legacy/

The as the article states it is presumed that Daft Punk scored the music in the VFX trailer. However, the VFX trailer was originally screened at the 2008 Comic Con when the footage was shown as a proof of concept (link below).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGWYAUF3v4[/ame]

Presumably, this is well before Daft Punk were signed on. I'm not a 100% sure but its more then likely that a custom track was used in the VFX footage that Daft Punk didn't score.

That's my pathetic attempt to "logicify" the debate that Daft Punk wasn't used to score the VFX trailer.

The music in the new trailer isn't exactly the Daft Punk song people are talking about. It might be a cinematic take on that music, but the song by Daft Punk all over the internet...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrBWPAGcrDs[/ame]

... is not the song in the new trailer. It's a good song, but I want what's in the trailer.

I think what they're saying Big Satan, is that is Daft Punk in the trailer. They wrote the score for the trailer. That's the word on the street at least.

I finally found out what the music in the test footage teaser was!!! It's Am I Not Human by none other than Two Steps From Hell from their new album Power of Darkness!

How can I get a copy of Am I not Human? by Two Steps from Hell?
I so badly want that music cue from the vFx test footage....
Anyone can help?

Hey! I'm confused now. Which track is in the lastest trailer? Is it Daft Punk or TSFH?

The best you can do to get Two Steps From Hell is to wait until snippets of it get published to YouTube and then rip it. It's unfortunate. I even emailed the two guys and asked how I could buy their works, and they said that it's only for licensing. They're not interested in getting into a for sale game where their works can be pirated and whatnot, so they ONLY license their music for marketing purposes. I wish they would reconsider.

It's the same story with another set of guys who do Trailers, Groove Addicts. Between the two of them, their music has been in some of the best trailers of the past 3 years or so.

The best you can do to get Two Steps From Hell is to wait until snippets of it get published to YouTube and then rip it. It's unfortunate. I even emailed the two guys and asked how I could buy their works, and they said that it's only for licensing. They're not interested in getting into a for sale game where their works can be pirated and whatnot, so they ONLY license their music for marketing purposes. I wish they would reconsider.

It's the same story with another set of guys who do Trailers, Groove Addicts. Between the two of them, their music has been in some of the best trailers of the past 3 years or so.

Part of this is true and part of it is not. As of right now, no, none of their music is for sale. However, they have recently said they are making two albums for public release. Nemesis II which is the next Nemesis album which will be released both public and private license and Genesis, which is a public album of their most popular and famous work. The song that was used in the Tron Legacy test footage is part of a new album, "The Power of Darkness", that will not be released to the public, but that doesn't mean the song will not be on the Genesis album.

Hey! I'm confused now. Which track is in the lastest trailer? Is it Daft Punk or TSFH?

Original VFX trailer seems to be TSFH.

The new trailer as seen here [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9szn1QQfas[/ame] is a custom score by Daft Punk.

Yea, from that trailer! Damn, that music sounds awsome! I need to get ahold of that piece!

Part of this is true and part of it is not. As of right now, no, none of their music is for sale. However, they have recently said they are making two albums for public release. Nemesis II which is the next Nemesis album which will be released both public and private license and Genesis, which is a public album of their most popular and famous work. The song that was used in the Tron Legacy test footage is part of a new album, "The Power of Darkness", that will not be released to the public, but that doesn't mean the song will not be on the Genesis album.

That's great news. I hadn't checked in with them in over a year. Still, I wish they'd sell everything.

On the official youtube trailer here
some has commented, "Sure the whole Soundtrack is by Daft Punk but from 1:05 to 1:11 is from a song which actually already exists. I am looking myself for it for a long time now. 2 years ago I heard it in the Austrian television." I'm more interested in the song from 1:11 on (hurry up soundtrack!) but there's a definite possibility that there's some remixing of old material in the trailers as well as entirely new stuff.

Back