Dawn Saves Oil Covered Animals

jender

Reaction score
I need help identifying a song used in a commercial for Dawn dishwashing liquid. The ad shows oil-covered animals being cleaned with Dawn. I believe it is part of the "Dawn Saves Animals" promotion, but I am unsure of that.

The song in the background is performed by a man; it is slow and has a lilting quality to it.

The lyrics I have caught include a reference to "trouble" and then "going to wash it away."

I'll post more if I catch the commercial again and can nab more of the lyrics (there aren't that many) or better describe the visuals. If anyone can help identify this song, I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Dawn Commercial with Oil-Covered Animals

Wash Away
by Joe Purdy

Download from Amazon

Thanks--this commercial is SO stinkin' CUTE. And the song had been bugging me as well.

Yes, this song also made an appearance on an episode of "Lost." I really love Joe Purdy.

There seems to be a new version of this same commercial with a woman singing something about "I'd do anything for you dear" I think it's from Oliver the musical? Anyone got any idea who the lady is singing it in the commercial? Thanks

There seems to be a new version of this same commercial with a woman singing something about "I'd do anything for you dear" I think it's from Oliver the musical? Anyone got any idea who the lady is singing it in the commercial? Thanks

I don't know myself, but the video was uploaded very recently on Youtube (http://youtu.be/WMfyxncIUxc).

Thank you new spaniard! Anyone know how to find the version from the ad?

Apparently there is no hope:

http://www.quora.com/Who-sings-the-song-Id-Do-Anything-in-the-new-Dawn-commercial

the writer at that link said he wrote dawn and:

"Thanks for writing.
We are glad you like the song for the Dawn Saves the Wildlife commercial. Most of the music in our commercials is original. It's written by a company that composes very short pieces specifically for use in commercial backgrounds. There is no sheet music or recording available. This song is one that was created by the ad agency, so it is an original piece. There is no artist or song title for you to get the song."

Back