Whale Wars

Re: Whale Wars on Discovery Channel

What's the song in the new commercial that sounds like Clannad?

Planet Green 'Whale Wars' Promo

Hey all, there is a commercial on the channel 'Planet Green' airing like crazy right now for the show 'Whale Wars' - it appears to be on every single commercial break.

The song that the play is incredible and no, it's not the Smashing Pumpkins one.
In two hours of searching, I can't find any information about it other than other people asking what the song is.

Has anybody seen the commercial? Any ideas what it is? Here are some of the lyrics...

"Cold as I woke by your side but they won't take your pride but I'm here with you but someone will take your life and freedom of speech is a lie"

Hoping somebody knows what it is....

David

Re: Planet Green 'Whale Wars' Promo

Hey all, there is a commercial on the channel 'Planet Green' airing like crazy right now for the show 'Whale Wars' - it appears to be on every single commercial break.

The song that the play is incredible and no, it's not the Smashing Pumpkins one.
In two hours of searching, I can't find any information about it other than other people asking what the song is.

Has anybody seen the commercial? Any ideas what it is? Here are some of the lyrics...

"Cold as I woke by your side but they won't take your pride but I'm here with you but someone will take your life and freedom of speech is a lie"

Hoping somebody knows what it is....

David

I recorded the song from the commercial with my cellphone and uploaded it to youtube in hopes of someone better recognizing it. (it's not the greatest quality as the cell phone recorder is of low quality and youtube reduces the quality even more with the uploads).

I too have been looking for that song. Thank goodness I stumbled upon this website!! So where can we buy it? I cannot find the song by title or artist on iTunes? thanks!!

farbeyond - That is it! Thanks for posting and putting me out of my misery. I can't begin to tell you how long I have been searching for info on the song.

Thanks again!

Where do we buy "run with you?" I can't find it for sale at all? It seems like it was recorded by a Swede or an Australian. I'm just going by the name. No other thoughts for now. Thanks! Deb

After much searching for information about this song, I have found that a company called 'Killer Tracks' based in Los Angeles is the distributor for the US market. Killer Tracks licenses music for TV, Film, Radio and public broadcast events. This track appears on a collection called 'A Guide to Protest Music' (KOK2300). This is the reason why it is not available using regular methods.

I have contacted their sales department via e-mail to ask how an individual can obtain this track and at what cost. I'll post an update once I hear something.

Bad news folks, I heard back from Killer Tracks this morning and this is what they wrote.

"Unfortunately all of our music is available on a licensing basis (not purchased) for use in productions like TV shows, commercials, films, etc.

You can, however, listen to the track on our website at www.killertracks.com . Just navigate to the ‘browse catalog’ section and go to the KOKA label to find the disc and track."

Looks like we are out of luck!

Back