Anthropologie in-store

Apple D00d

Reaction score
okay, so i was in the anthropologie in towson, md today and heard a song that caught my attention.

i'm pretty sure it was to the tune of "canon in d" and it was a woman singing and it had a simple beat to it (probably something electronic or premade). there *might* have been a piano in some parts of it, it was hard to tell -- the store was somewhat noisy.

sorry about being vague. :X

The lyrics went something like "she called me on the telephone" and the chorus had "Shalalalala". This was NOT any sort of popular song from the 90s or anything of the sort. The singer was male and almost sounded like John Mayer, but it's not him either. It was of the indie rock genre though. It was light and catchy with nice guitar riffs and such. If this rings any bells, please let me know- Thanks !

Re: Song heard while shopping

Where did you hear this (store name)?

Anthropologie. No one who worked there knew the song or the album that was playing, unfortunately.

I joined these forums just to tell you it's by Say Anything. The song is "Wow, I can be sexual too" off the album Is A Real Boy.

The lyrics go, "I called her on the phone and she touched herself." While the chorus isn't just Shalalala, it says "I don't know what I want" in a tone that could be easily confused. Awesome band, buy all their albums, Max Bemis is a hero.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking I'm right :eek:

Wow, thanks for joining just to let me know ! Unfortunately, this isn't the song :( But I really appreciate the effort !

Anthropologie songs?

I've seen a couple of questions about the Anthropologie in-store music already, aaaand I have another.

I'm looking for two songs, both being used in stores currently. One sounds quite a lot like Regina Spektor, but doesn't appear to be. The lyrics are something like "we'll laugh about life and then we'll laugh about love" or similar.

I'm infinitely more interested in the second one, though. The song is upbeat, lots of synth, and the lyrics go something like "I'll take pictures just to prove it happened" and " I'm accustomed to..." (something). Kind of sounded like a more bubbly version of Fleet Foxes (but it wasn't Fleet Foxes).

Anyone got any ideas?

Re: Anthropologie songs?

I've seen a couple of questions about the Anthropologie in-store music already, aaaand I have another.

I'm looking for two songs, both being used in stores currently. One sounds quite a lot like Regina Spektor, but doesn't appear to be. The lyrics are something like "we'll laugh about life and then we'll laugh about love" or similar.

Is it Let's Talk by Hannah Georgas?

I'm infinitely more interested in the second one, though. The song is upbeat, lots of synth, and the lyrics go something like "I'll take pictures just to prove it happened" and " I'm accustomed to..." (something). Kind of sounded like a more bubbly version of Fleet Foxes (but it wasn't Fleet Foxes).

I couldn't find any leads on this one yet but I'll keep looking if I have time.

Anyone got any ideas?
I was in Anthropologie this weekend with my boyfriend when we also heard a song that was sung by a "Sultry Jazzy sounding woman" ... I thought it was Regina Spektor, but after a little research online I found that it was a vocalist by the name of Inara George - she sings with a band by the name of "The Bird and the Bee"! I hope that's who you were looking for ... I joined this forum just to tell you... :)

Anyone got any ideas?
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones ... Pictures to prove it! :0 ) Check it out - was this the music you were looking to find? :)

I went to this store yesterday and I heard a song that I really like. And I've looked everywhere for the name of it, but I can't find it. It's a male singer.

The lyrics are something like, "It's a travesty."
"Some of you might think I regret."
"I'd do it all again if I had the chance."
And I think the chorus had the words, "Just like crazy."

Sorry, I only have bits and pieces of it. But if you know the song, please help! :)

Doggie Doo, not sure if you have found the song you were asking since it has been a while. Try look up a song called Like Lazenby by Sondre Lerche.

I am looking for a song when I just walked into the store today. It sounds like Hannah Georgas (not sure if that's hers) and the only lyrics I remember is "tell me someday" in the end, repeated a couple times. Well, maybe not "tell me someday," "tell me one day." Anyway, if anyone has any idea, please let me know. I will keep looking too.

Back