Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Status

Default Re: Song heard while shopping

Sponsored Links

I joined these forums just to tell you it's by Say Anything. The song is "Wow, I can be sexual too" off the album Is A Real Boy.

The lyrics go, "I called her on the phone and she touched herself." While the chorus isn't just Shalalala, it says "I don't know what I want" in a tone that could be easily confused. Awesome band, buy all their albums, Max Bemis is a hero.

I could be wrong but I'm thinking I'm right

Status

Default Re: Song heard while shopping

Wow, thanks for joining just to let me know ! Unfortunately, this isn't the song But I really appreciate the effort !

Status

Default Anthropologie songs?

I've seen a couple of questions about the Anthropologie in-store music already, aaaand I have another.

I'm looking for two songs, both being used in stores currently. One sounds quite a lot like Regina Spektor, but doesn't appear to be. The lyrics are something like "we'll laugh about life and then we'll laugh about love" or similar.

I'm infinitely more interested in the second one, though. The song is upbeat, lots of synth, and the lyrics go something like "I'll take pictures just to prove it happened" and " I'm accustomed to..." (something). Kind of sounded like a more bubbly version of Fleet Foxes (but it wasn't Fleet Foxes).

Anyone got any ideas?

Status

Default Re: Anthropologie songs?

Quote Originally Posted by akz12 View Post
    I've seen a couple of questions about the Anthropologie in-store music already, aaaand I have another.

I'm looking for two songs, both being used in stores currently. One sounds quite a lot like Regina Spektor, but doesn't appear to be. The lyrics are something like "we'll laugh about life and then we'll laugh about love" or similar.
    Is it Let's Talk by Hannah Georgas?

I'm infinitely more interested in the second one, though. The song is upbeat, lots of synth, and the lyrics go something like "I'll take pictures just to prove it happened" and " I'm accustomed to..." (something). Kind of sounded like a more bubbly version of Fleet Foxes (but it wasn't Fleet Foxes).
    I couldn't find any leads on this one yet but I'll keep looking if I have time.

Status

Anyone got any ideas?
    I was in Anthropologie this weekend with my boyfriend when we also heard a song that was sung by a "Sultry Jazzy sounding woman" ... I thought it was Regina Spektor, but after a little research online I found that it was a vocalist by the name of Inara George - she sings with a band by the name of "The Bird and the Bee"! I hope that's who you were looking for ... I joined this forum just to tell you...

Status

Anyone got any ideas?
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones ... Pictures to prove it! :0 ) Check it out - was this the music you were looking to find?