Do you support marijuana?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Gloves

Reaction score
Hello, I'm the new member, Gloves. I am a Boxer and a Kickboxer and my dream is to one day fight in the UFC. I've made this forum to find out how many of you think Marijuana is good or bad. Hopefully, I'm not breaking any rules by talking about this, but in a way that is my goal. Why is pot bad? How come the U.S. has such sever punishments behind smoking, Holding, and transporting Marijuana. OR Why is Pot good for you? Can it trully treat deadly diseases like Cancer? Is it the safest drug to use in the world? Well thats what I hopefully want to talk about.

I myself have been smoking weed for the past five years. I've smoked it, Vaporized it and eaten it, and I can honestly say that it has not done any harm to my body. It's important that I stay in top physical shape for the fact that I have to if I want to fight. Fighting is very dedicated sport to do and it requires the person to have Discipline, Devotion and confidence in yourself and your trainer.

Marijuana has not forced me to stop fighting and the only reason I trully do it is for the health benifits I get from it.

Anyway, I can go on for hours to why Pot is great, but I want some feedback, I want to know how everyone here feels about it.

I like and smoke it quite a bit and have for years. No negative effects here either.

If your dream is to one day fight for the UFC, would you give up marijuana with regards to drug testing (as all sanctioned sporting events, including MMA, do) in order to do so?

If you had to make a choice between the two (even if you believe you do not have to choose) -- pot or UFC -- which would it be?

Pot is not as bad as alchohol, I dont understand what the big deal is. Drunk drivers kill more people than marijuana users every day..... why dont people just chill on this one?

agreed. I think the media portrays cannabis alot worse than it actually is. it may kill brain cells or cause lung cancer (I really don't know) but I cigarettes, drinking, over the counter prescription drugs, tobacco, etc are what kills people through addiction.

on the contrary, I have many friends who smoke weed for the social aspect of it (like drinking at a party) and some that smoke it everyday--multiple times a day. although they haven't had any real conditions or health concerns evolve from this...it CAN (not saying it will for all users) become a lifestyle. what seems like a harmless and "safer alternative of enjoyable recreation" lol can evolve into something far worse...psychological dependency. like I said, this doesn't happen with all users, but it can become a lifestyle....and may one day not seem to "satisfy" the user. this is commonly known as the "gateway" to other drugs and causes of addiction, or just a personal sway in interests.

as for me, I don't think marijuana is that bad as a lot of people make it out to be. if the person doesn't allow it to "take over" their life, what they talk about, what they do for fun or to "get by" with what other people can normally cope with....it is not a problem. I think it really comes down to the person.

thanks for reading this :)

Legalize it. I'm sick of hearing potheads talk about it all day, there is so many better things they could be doing with their time, like remembering where they put their keys or getting to work on time.

I used to like it, but I'm not into it anymore. People should just relax and legalize it, it won't make that much of a difference anyway.

You did not ad the "maybe so" option so I vote negative to this thread!

...yes I spelled add with one "d" cause this is adtunes....:D

anything you smoke cant be good for you. i did a couple times before i had kids but i wont touch the stuff now. i have some friends that did that when i was in school and they don't know their own address now. if they legalize it it wouldn't bother me. i don't really care what people do but its the ones that do it because they thing it makes them the cat's meow that i dont like. they gotta show the world they do it. if i caught my kids with it i think i would be upset.

Back