National Geographic HD

A3-93

Reaction score
Hi guys...does anybody know the song used within the HD promo.

thanks in advance

It is new to 2009, And is advertising Nat Geo HD.

it uses piano and voilin im pretty sure, and shows alot of different shots of different parts of the world.

It has some opera-like singing in it aswell.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1WnPQm5b9M&feature=related[/ame]

^ ^ That is the advert im taling about, if anyone knows the song ill be very grateful!

Re: Nat Geo HD Promo Song

Yes, I just saw this the other night and loved the music too.. Anyone have any ideas about it? I'm hoping it's not a commissioned piece just for the commercial but it probably is..

Still no luck finding this song since April when I first heard/saw this promo.

I'd like to know as well as I love waterfalls and this song. Such a perfect match which equals and excellent promo.

Just to let u guys know who are still searching for it:

Song name: Pangea
Artist: CJ Van Brakel

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUmpDZvB1E[/ame]

Thank you so much, Sausje! A beautiful piece of music, I'm going to go purchase it right now.. Excellent work!

OH MY I have been searching this song for months! I live in Belgium and we receive the Dutch NGC. I went crazy each time seeing the commercial, turning up the volume.
The commercial is still on air today I saw it twice today and I'm really glad SAUSJE could spit out an artist + title song! Good job and thanks!!:p

Gosh, I don't know what happened but I've been everywhere trying to find a download for this song.. From CD Baby to iTunes to Amazon.. No one has the artist listed and while there are a few songs called Pangea, none are this lovely piece.. If you know anymore or where the music can be downloaded, please let me know.. Thanks so much.. :)

If you watch that video on the actual youtube page, the artist him/herself has a mediafire download link under his profile picture where you can download the song for free.

The version of CJ van brakel (Pangea) is not the original piece of the commercial. He was also one of us, searching for the song on the internet for ages.. Didn't found anything as well. I must say he did well to remake it! Some changes can be heared. Now I have made my version of the song also...
Hope many others make their own versions as well it's always nice...
Anyway: i don't say my version is better than CJ's but I just wanted some things changed. And i must say i've failed with the choir..

Check it here -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGypO3ZTVc4[/ame]

Trying to find the music to the latest National Geographic TV Commercial for High Definition. It is orchestra, symphony based on Pachelbel's Canon but a variation of it.

Anybody know what it could be? Would be greatly appreciated. Have been looking for days. I know it sounds exactly like Pachelbel Canon but it is a faster beat and more instruments. Commercial normally comes on between 4:10am and 4:30am in Canada Eastern Time on the National Geographic Channel. It is for Nat Geo in HD and has wildlife and nature scenes plus Dog Whisperer and other stuff.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks much for trying to help.

The piece is "Pangea" by CJ van Brakel.

I'd like to know what the main instrument is. I'm pretty sure it's a harp, but it also sounds like a plucked violin.

Back