2010 Lincoln MKZ "Luxury at Lightspeed" Major Tom

Insomnia

Reaction score
Some of the lyrics

"Standing Parallel my ship is waiting all systems are go, are you sure? Control is not convinced that the computer has the evidence."

Re: New Lincoln MK Z commercial

doctormemory you are incredible. Can I ask how you go about searching for these songs?

That version seems to be quite different. Was this other version only made for the tv ad?

doctormemory you are incredible. Can I ask how you go about searching for these songs?

Persistence is fruitful.

I recognized those lyrics, however I google thusly:

In the google box type (without the []s) [ lyrics "bits of the lyrics" "a few bits more of the lyrics" ]

Entering the search in quotes looks for precisely those words. Entering two prescise terms often filters out false hits and increases the opportunities to find the correct song.

Lincoln MKZ a new one 80's cover song

Hey I just saw a new Lincoln MKZ commercial with a remake of an old 80's song. I can't even remember the name of the original tune or who sung it. Who's on the new one or has it just been touched up?

Re: Lincoln MKZ a new one 80's cover song

The old song is Major Tom (Coming Home) and it was originally by Peter Schillig, but this was a woman singing it. I've looked and I can't find it, all of the versions I've found so far have had male vocals. That's Dealership, Canasta and a version by I Hate Kate by the way...

Re: 2009 Lincoln MKS "Lift Off" Cat Power David Bowie

Does anyone know who covered the Peter Schilling "Major Tom (Coming Home)" in the new Lincoln Commercial? It's a chick singing. And no, this is not the Cat Power cover I'm wondering about. Thanks!

The woman singing "Major Tom" is Cat Power. Last checked her version of that song isn't available. Unless you're talking about the Lincoln 2010 MKZ commercial. If that's the case I'm just as interested in you in figuring out who sings that song and where it can be found.

ME TOO! I'm looking for THE SAME exact song! I heard it tonight during ABC's Castle! It's got to be a cover of some 80's song and it's not mentioned anywhere on the web! PLEASE HELP!

Re: Lincoln MKZ

The artist is Chiasm. Great cover...I love her voice! You can buy it on Amazon.

The cover is not by Chiasm. (You can here her version in German here.)

It is by Shiny Toy Guns.

Actually, everyone, I hate to break it to you but the version used in the commercial is one by Shiny Toy Guns, one of the greatest bands on Earth. The band has confirmed this and from what I understand the Lincoln website also now reflects this. Unfortunately, the single has not yet been released and it remains unclear if they will cover the song as a single or if it was just done for the commercial.

You may recognize their music from other commercials, the most prominent of which is "Le Disko" which was used in some RAZR commercials. They covered "Puttin' On The Ritz," for those of you that love awesome covers. Their songs "Blue Monday," "Ghost Town," and maybe a few select others have been used in various television shows (my favorite of which is Gossip Girl) and are also really great.

EDIT: OOPS, was a tad late, ahaha. But still. I find my post useful. :p

Thanks. Downloaded and sent "Lincoln" a thank you note expressing my appreciation. Don't see that kind of customer relations very often. Probably won't see it with the infamous "Cat Power". Hope it continues when times are once again prosperous. Thanks again bnet.

I was SO happy to get this download! And kudos to both Lincoln and Shiny Toy Guns.

Re: Lincoln MKZ "Luxury at Lightspeed"

The female voice singing Major Tom in the new Linciln 2010 MKZ commercial is performed by Shiny Toy Guns and can be downloaded directly from the Lincoln MKZ website.

Back