TLC lineup Monday shows "Table for 12"

Reaction score
Greetings!

Does anyone know the name/artist of the new song being used for TLC's (The Learning Channel's) commercials for their Monday night line-up?

And, NO, I'm not talking about "Beautiful Life" by Fisher. I'm talking about a brand new song; I think it only came out in the past week or so.

Actually, now that I think about it, it might pertain to the new show "Table for 12" which is going to be coming on on Monday nights in a couple of weeks as a mid-season replacement for "Jon & Kate Plus 8" which is having its season finale.

Can't recall much of the lyrics right now, but it prominently mentions something about "house" or "this house" or "our house" or ...?

Thanks very much!
John

Re: TLC's new commercial for Monday shows (maybe for "Table for 12" ?)

Just checking back on this question--

OMG, over 200 hits on this post and no one knows the song???

Thanks for looking, anyway.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/table-for-12-sneak-peek.html

(Most of the song can be heard in the link above)

This is the song you're referring to, I take it...and I'm glad to know I'm not alone in wondering, because I've been dying to know too, especially since the most recent episodes used a DIFFERENT song at the beginning! (Breaks my heart! I LOVE this "our house" theme song)

So, since I'm lost too...can someone else watch the video in the link above and give some feedback? It sounds kinda 80's pop... I've done my usual googlefu and am at a loss. Can't seem to find anything.

Hope someone knows what song this is!

Hi, Maya.

Thanks!! That's the exact song I'm talking about! Thanks for posting the link to that video.

And actually, I do have a lead on tracking down the song (it's a brand new song), and I'm waiting to hear back from the guy. If & when I find out more, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
John

I'm really interested in finding out about this song too! I really like the song. When I search I keep seeing this link...http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/359/456

It mentions that David Baron composed or produced the Table for 12 theme song. Anyone else find this? Is this the lead you were talking about?

Thanks,
RS

Yes, David Baron (of Edison Music) wrote and produced the song. But it's sung by the lead singer of the group Frankie and His Fingers.

At one time David said he "might" be able to get me a copy of the song once the show was out, but the show's obviously been out a few weeks now and I've politely asked/reminded him twice more and have received no response.

Perhaps he was told by the corporate "powers that be" that copies couldn't be shared, maybe copyright issues, or who knows.

Oh well, I'm tired of trying. If they're not interested in following up with people who obviously have an interest in the song, then I guess they don't care whether anyone likes/wants their music. Their loss.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Take care,
John

I apologize for not getting back to Spaceman Spiff - it was completely my fault. TLC got back to me quickly and gave me a site for these types of requests.

TLC did post the song for download.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/table-for-12/song-download.html

Again I apologize for being lax in returning the request. I am extremely happy to see that people are interested in the music. I really appreciate good feedback.

Thanks - David Baron, Edison Music

Thanks, David!

Wow, I hadn't checked this thread in MONTHS (obviously). Just wanted to say I appreciate the follow-up!

Back