Honda City Australia

I emailed Honda, and they just said that the ads are not available on dvd etc (well, that's pretty obvious) however they didn't answer the question about the music, so I specifically asked again - hopefully we'll get an answer soon!

I got a reply from Honda stating that the music was custom made for the ad, so no luck in finding a title or artist - such a shame :(

Hey guys

The song has only been made available for this commercial.
It is by Melbourne DJ Miami Horror - and currently is not available elsewhere.

It may be available in the future on his forthcoming album.

I hope that helps you out.

Awesome find - keep us posted if it comes out on the upcoming album :D

Such a great track, hope it does

There is 2 song in the ad...
00:00-00:12 song 1
00:12-00:30 song 2 (this is not from DJ Miami Horror!!!)

Here's a lead:

After seeing the ad, I was browsing newgrounds.com and found a flash called "Batman gonna kick yo ass", and I was listening to the soundtrack, and behind the lyrics was THE EXACT TUNE WE'RE ALL LOOKING FOR!!! BUT - what I heard was a "remix" by "Oli Chang". So if Honda says its a private composition for the ad, how can there be a remix of what clearly must be a FULL version of the snippet of what we hear on the ad!? Dun dun dunnnn!

Youtube link for the flash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xedcKV9wK8w

So I looked this remix up, and found some variations of what it was called, one of these was "Oli Chang Vs Troy planet - Batman gonna kick yo ass". All I can gather is that these two artists somehow got there hands on a clear full version of the music, or have a god-like sound editing program that removed the voice-over from the ad (very unlikely). So what we are left with is:

-How did they get it?
-Where did they get it from?
-How can we get it?

I've been watching this thread for ages now and thought I should make a contribution, so I really hope that this helps.;)

edit:

I found Oli Chang's MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/olechang
And from this it looks like he's an artist who writes music for ads. Now that would explain a lot... but if he did write the song then it looks like our chance of getting it is slipping away...

Last edited:
I'm going to have a go at emailing this guy - maybe he'll put it up on his MySpace or something - unless Honda purchased this track from him?

Oli Chang works for a sound studio in Sydney. He makes tunes for ads.

He also does his own thing outside of work.

Case closed.

Back