American Idol Season 8

stuhlz

All-Star Member
Reaction score
there was a song on tonite like in the little montage of motivational singers or something. I forget lyrics but I know the artist was Hinder..

Re: American Idol

Do you remeber that girl who was kind of hippy? She was on at the end and her dad had died when she was 13 and then her mum died when she was 15. She sand a song about the earth moving. Do you know what that song was called? As for your question I wish I could help but I only tuned in about 5 minutes from the end, sorry!

OP - not Hinder but they did play Collective soul "the world I know"
Carole King - "I feel the earth move"

stuhlz - You're right... It was Hinder. I'm trying to find the song right now... I searched for it last night, and I couldn't find it... But I have renewed hopes today. I'll keep you posted.

troutfish - No wonder I couldn't find that song in any of my Hinder stuff. It's David Cook. THANK YOU! I have spent hours searching for that song, and now I've found it - thanks to you!

Thanks again!

Looking for the song they played during the background piece on the blonde girl with dreadlocks whose parents passed away and who was living with her friend's family. It was sort of slow with an acoustic guitar (not the Collective Soul song). Wasn't able to catch any lyrics. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

California dreaming American idol

The other night towards the end of the show a version of California Dreaming was playing in the backgroud sung by a male singer, does anyone know who this is? Thanks in advance

There was a song playing on the episode when they first got to hollywood. It was playing as all the contestants got into the vehicles, just before the scene when they told the car to play "shut up and drive" by rhianna. It was a blues song. I really wish I knew what it was if someone could help. Thanks!

the only song i can think of that had a jazzy/blue-sy feel to it that was played was michael bublé's cover of nina simone's "feeling good". hope that helps!

Thanks so much ripley3!!! That's it! I thought it was the same person who sang "I put a spell on you" , but I couldn't remember the name! Thanks again

Thanks so much ripley3!!! That's it! I thought it was the same person who sang "I put a spell on you" , but I couldn't remember the name! Thanks again

you're very welcome! glad i could help.
ooh and "i put a spell on you" is an awesome song. do you remember that from an old Pringles ad a few years back?

There was a song that played when the best friend of the guy whose wife died did not make it to the top 36. Does anyone know what song that was?

The name of the guy that did not make it is Jamar Rogers. His best friends name is Danny Gokey. I want the name of the song and who sings it that was played when he was told he did not make it.

I would also love to find out what that song was when Jamar Rogers was eliminated

Update: Mazzy Star - “Into Dust” (Jamar Rogers)

Last edited:
There a was a heavier guitar solo last light playing when seacrest was out in the hall talking to a family or contestant. Would you happen to know the name of it and who played it?

Back