United States of Tara Season 1

zukie2music

Reaction score
I just watched the second episode yesterday and I wanted to know if anyone knows who the artist that did the song and if is easy to find on iTunes? I hope the show lasts for many seasons because of the craativity from Diablo Cody and Steven Spielberg. :)

Re: Who does the new theme song for United States of Tara?

Polyphonic Spree's Tim DeLaughter wrote theme song for new Showtime series United States of Tara

Re: Who does the new theme song for United States of Tara?

Thank you for helping and I hope within the next week so I can find it on iTunes.

united states of tara ep 4

there's a song at the end and it goes something like..

there's a place in time and space we can both be free
life is just a dream lucky lucky me

if anyone could help that would be great =]

Re: United States of Tara

Man, I looked everywhere... the name of the song is "Lucky" by Kat Edmonson She only has one song on itunes currently (not Lucky) but she does have MySpace page... I think the song is only 1 min 30 sec.

Hey, anyone out there know the two songs from US of Tara eps.3 at the end and eps. 4 at the end both excellent songs -both girl singers -thx :)
Looking for the song name or Artist to look fo on itunes !

Last edited:

Does anyone know the song at the end of Episode 5?? It starts "who made you, who sent you..." Is there a listing somewhere keeping track of all the music from this series?

I am also looking for the singer/song title that plays at the end of episode 5.

Hey , thanks for the KAT E link for the "lucky" song from ESP.4 ------ I don't know the ESP. 5 song, I am still looking for the Name or Artist of the Eps. 3 song that played at the end when buck and Max are on the bed - something like "remember when we were _________ I had a kite , you had a trampoline...." anybody??:)

OOps - just found it , the song from Eps. 3 is "straight lines" by Dawn Landes - it's on itunes --HOORAY

The Kat Edmonson song is on Amazon.com for $0.99. Quit using iTunes. Amazon is sometimes cheaper and is DRM free. And you don't have to install software on your computer if you don't want to. Amazon rocks. iTunes sucks. :D

Isn't the music so great!!! Thanks to everyone for their posts. So let me get this straight:

Ep. 1 -- Eels - Souljacker Pt. 1 and Love of the Loveless
Ep. 2 -- Chairlift (of "Bruises" ipod commercial fame) - Garbage
Ep. 3 -- Dawn Landes -- Straight Lines
Ep. 4 -- Kat Edmonson -- Lucky

Check out "The Submarines" and "Au Revoir Simone" if you guys don't already know them.....you'll like their stuff if you like these "girl" singers! :)

P.S. I can't wait for Ep. 5 here in Canada!!!

Still looking for the song from Ep. 5 but thank you for the Au Revoir Simone recommendation, I really like their sound!

I'm a big fan of Jenny Owen Youngs, if you don't know her catch some of her stuff on her Myspace http://www.myspace.com/jennyowenyoungs

The song at the end of ep 5 is "Fine Is Fine" by Peasant.

Songs so far...

I heart u AdTunes peeps!

Ok so to continue allsound's List:

Ep. 1
Souljacker Pt. 1 (Eels)
Love of the Loveless (Eels)

Ep. 2
Garbage (Chairlift)
Flyswatter (Eels)

Ep. 3
Straight Lines (Dawn Landes)

Ep. 4
Lucky (Kat Edmonson)

Ep. 5
Fine is Fine (Peasant)

Ep. 6
Second Chance (Liam Finn - I believe the Live Spaceland version? need further confirmation)

Last edited:

Thank You x a million!!!!

I don't know where the show's music director finds all of these songs, but they have excellent taste!!!

This is an update post with artists and albums you can find the tracks on.

My apologies for repeat info, but I'm no longer allowed to edit my previous post (sorry moderators if I'm doing too many refreshes... no harm intended! Would there be chance for me to post as a stickie for the United States of Tara thread?)

Theme song:
"You'll Be Fine" (Tim Delaughter)

Ep. 1 :
Souljacker Pt. 1 (Eels, available from "Meet the Eels - Essential Eels, Vol 1 1996-2006")
Love of the Loveless (Eels, available from "Meet the Eels - Essential Eels, Vol 1 1996-2006")

Ep. 2:
Garbage (Chairlift, "Does You Inspire You")
Flyswatter (Eels, available from "Meet the Eels - Essential Eels, Vol 1 1996-2006")

Ep. 3:
Straight Lines (Dawn Landes, "STraight lines")

Ep. 4:
Lucky (Kat Edmonson, so far just the single)

Ep. 5:
Fine is Fine (Peasant, "On the Ground")

Ep. 6:
Second Chance (Liam Finn, "I'll be lightning")

Has anyone watched the 7th episode of Tara? I just watched it and was wondering what song plays during the credits. I like the sound. I managed to write down a few lyrics : "She knows it's only a show...still praying..that's alright with you.."

Thanks for the help :D

Back