The Simpsons Season 19

edcvod

Reaction score
In the latest episode of The Simpsons, S19E06 airing 11/11/07, there is a montage scene right after Millhouse says that he would not care if his parents ever came back.

Does anyone know the name of the classical music, Violins?, that plays in the background.

I have been looking for this song for years.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Think you could describe the music? Mood? Speed? Flowy? Angry? May be able to figure it out even without seeing the episode.

I would say that the mood was deep, thoughtful, possibly sorrowful. The music, for violins, is not quick. The notes sound longer.

"Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber (Wikipedia article) appears in the Simpsons episodes "Strong Arms of the Ma" and "Marge Gamer," in addition to the most recent appearance in "Little Orphan Millie."

Numerous versions of the piece are available on iTunes, including iTunes Plus and ringtone formats. There are too many items to post all the individual links, but it is easy to search for.

Many Bothans died to figure this one out. :)

Originally posted by neo979@Nov 13 2007, 10:34 AM
"Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber (Wikipedia article) appears in the Simpsons episodes "Strong Arms of the Ma" and "Marge Gamer," in addition to the most recent appearance in "Little Orphan Millie."

Numerous versions of the piece are available on iTunes, including iTunes Plus and ringtone formats. There are too many items to post all the individual links, but it is easy to search for.

Many Bothans died to figure this one out. :)
WOW!!!!! Thank you so much!!! That was the song that I was looking for.

The Simpsons "Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind" season 19

I was wondering if anyone who saw tonight's episode of The Simpsons on Fox knew the name of the song playing during that really cool animation sequence with Homer. It was really cool sounding piano (no lyrics), and it sounded familiar to me but I can't put my finger on it.

I appreciate any help!! :)

Yes! Thank you Leone you rock!!

Was that video idea with the same song also used in a commercial too?

thanks again!!

Don't know about the "video idea" but the NBA has been using that song lately.

The Simpsons "The Debarted" season 19

What's the name of this song? It sounds like some sort of Irish jig music mixed with American rock. They've used it in several other things, but this is the only time I could link it to something specific. They used it in the latter half of tonight's episode of the Simpsons a few times. Anyone know what it is? Thanks in advance.

The Simpsons "Dial N for Nerder" season 19

In Sunday's episode, where Bart and Lisa thought they killed Martin, there was a nice melody song played while the caterpillars were hatching from their cocoons and becoming butterflies. Does anyone know the name of this Song?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the mandolin song that plays? Someone else is looking for that song too. ;)

TV.com says:

"Prelude in C Minor" for lute (BWV 999) by Johann Sebastian Bach (Performed on guitar and transposed to D minor)"

The Simpsons "Smoke on the Daughter" season 19

Ok at 15:59 in this episode "Smoke on the Daughter" there is I'm guessing some kind of waltz, and I dig it. Let me know what you know. Thanks. Peace.

The Simpsons "Love, Springfieldian Style" season 19

So, there's an episode of the Simpsons that I just saw recently (a newer one, since I'm not in the habit of watching them anymore). But there was a song at the end of the episode that played, and ran all through the credits too.

It had an acoustic guitar and violins. It was GORGEOUS! And I'd like to know what SOOOONG it was!!!

The episode is called: Love, Springfieldian Style

Re: The Simpsons "Love, Springfieldian Style"

In the comments from that link it says the song at the end is 'Taxi to heaven' by Pray for Rain

Re: The Simpsons "Love, Springfieldian Style"

wooooot thank you :)

....though apparently it's not the same version? At least it doesn't sound exactly the same.

Back