100 Calorie Oreo Cakesters

michachan

Reaction score
I don't remember how the song went at all, I just know I liked it.

Today was the first time I'd seen the commercial. It had a bunch of screaming women running after a 100 Calorie Oreo Cakester truck. Anyone know anything about this commercial and the song in it?

I don't remember how the song went at all, I just know I liked it.

Today was the first time I'd seen the commercial. It had a bunch of screaming women running after a 100 Calorie Oreo Cakester truck. Anyone know anything about this commercial and the song in it?

Aw, come one....doesn't anyone know? Please? Everytime I've heard it, I only get a glimpse of the ending & can't describe any details.

It sounds like an oldie, maybe a 60's girl group. These are the lyrics I heard...

You said you loved me, and I believed in you but you were moving on while I was being true. Oh you got it baby you got it you got it. Then a long ohhhhhhhh. I looked up these lyrics on Google, but they only linked to freaking Celine Dion. WTH. I'm still looking for it... but I think someone with knowledge of the 60's music might know it.

I don't think this is from the 60's. I'm pretty good with music from that time, due to my age, and I've never heard this before. I'm guessing it's something very recent, or written specifically for this commercial. I ran it through Shazam and Midomi and neither one could recognize it, which further makes me think it's new.

I think it might have been made just for the commercial too

I believe the ad agency for Oreo cakesters is DraftFCB, you could try asking them.

i too think this is a new tune..it's reminiscent of a tune used for Peter Pan or Skippy..i forget which..which was a cover of a sixties song.."Peanut Butter"..anyway i kind of like the song too and would like to download without the commercial sometime..

I disagree about it "not being a girl group from the 60's". I do think it's a girl group from the 60's. Heck, I could be wrong. I have searched iTunes, Rhapsody and All Music Guide. AMG is the most comprehensive guide for music there is. Without an EXACT title, it's almost impossible to find out what this song is. Thank you to StacieaRose because up to that point I couldn't even decipher the danged lyrics...lol. It gave me a starting point. :D

I'm a bit of a musicologist so I did search under just "girl groups" thinking maybe the song would be on some compilation. No luck. Then I did a search for the most well know girl groups of the 60's, keeping in mind that the lead singer didn't sound, for lack of a better term, black. That kind of ruled out groups like Martha and the Vandellas and others. It occured to me that it does sound like Ronnie & the Ronettes. It may very well be them but AMG only has a few songs that you can actually sample. :blink:

I did, however, contact Nabisco..lol. They did reply pretty quickly. (Yeah I was shocked, too y'all!!) As soon as they respond I will come back in here and let you guys know. It has been driving me up the wall since it first came out...lol.

The song is "Baby You Belong to Me" by the Bobbettes who were actually a 50's group with another hit "Mr. Lee". I own both these songs.:)

Yeah that's it...I just listened to it on the 100 calorie blog. So it was from the 50's-60's... I knew it! Thanks.

"You Belong To Me" by The Bobbetts! I've been searching for this myself (even wrote to Nabisco as well, they were no help). Just bought the song from Amazon for .99. It says the album was released in 2008, but it looks pretty retro to me. Enjoy!:cool:

It's actually The Bobbetts (one "e") not the other Bobbettes of "Mr Lee" fame. This band were signed to Ace records, Johnny Vincent's label. I think they only did a couple of singles bu this one is on a Huey Piano Smith compilation

You guys.............I love that song too!! Makes me want to dance. They really tuned up the song with big bass and back beat......I love it.....would like to hear the re-worked equalized version in a re-release:D

This is NOT an old song from the girl groups of the 60's. I know it is NOT, as that was my time period and I have most all the girl group music that was ever out. Also, if you think about the ad, it is going to sound like that genre in order to attract the demographics of women in their 40's and 50's. marketing does target demographics and I guarantee that it is not an old song. It could always be a song that was unknown and redone for today, but I am 110% sure it is not an oldie or a girl group we know. By the way, Marvelettes albums have nothing like this on it, any of them.

Hope to find out soon, as it is a dynamite little tune and stays with you. Anxious to hear if anyone finds it.

It's actually The Bobbetts (one "e") not the other Bobbettes of "Mr Lee" fame. This band were signed to Ace records, Johnny Vincent's label. I think they only did a couple of singles bu this one is on a Huey Piano Smith compilation

Excuse me for the error you are correct - two different groups although, I own both songs I never noticed the difference until you pointed this out. At least I was the first to name the song and group (although misspelled) correctly :0

Last edited:
Back