The Last House on the Left

Re: Last House on the Left

finally I can give the answer to someone's question:

Sweet Child o' Mine by Taken By Trees

I don't mind the Sweet Child O' Mine cover by Taken By Trees, but I don't really think it fits that Last House on the Left trailer the way the studio wanted it to.

I don't mind the Sweet Child O' Mine cover by Taken By Trees, but I don't really think it fits that Last House on the Left trailer the way the studio wanted it to.

Hmmm...I personally loved it because it was so unexpected; very few trailers surprise me these days. To me, this would have been just another trailer for yet another home-invaders-versus-loving-family-slashfest movie, but for this music. I will definitely be recommending the trailer to other people :)

I like covers like these where they completely re-mix the music. To me, it gives a glimpse of what the original song might have been, if someone other than the original artist had "fitted" the song with different music than the original.

Actually, i think it hit the nail right on the head. they've been advertising it with taglines like "What would you do if the people that hurt your child were in your house?" and then showing the parents taking vengeance. The song seems to fit perfectly. The fact that the song itself seems upbeat and the movie is more of a horror/thriller creates a really neat cognitive dissonance, though, and I think that the people behind the film intended this. It makes the trailer more memorable.

Back