Toyota Toyotathon

ecmoore

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know the artist, and song for the Pop/Rock song playing behind the "Toyotathon" commercial that played during NFL games on Sunday, 14 December, 2008?

Thank you for responding, but niether of these has the song i am looking for. The commercial in question was mostly regarding the Toyota "Yaris" or "Venza" models, and it was a "Toyotathon". The song was a very cool male vocal rock/pop song that i'd like to be able to purchase.... but i don't know the artist or name of the song.
i had never seen or heard the commercial before yesterday, 14 September, 2008.
let me know if you find something else...
Thanks!!!

I came here wondering the same thing.

Actually, if we're talking about the same commercial, I think it sounds like the song, "Ledge" written by Lindsey Buckingham and performed by Fleetwood Mac from their 1979 album, Tusk.

Nothing much happens, except for endless bargains on Toyota vehicles — hence Toyotathon.

It's just been repeated on what seems like an endless loop during recent sports broadcasts.

Now that I've gone back and listened to the commercial, I don't think it's the "Ledge" song I mentioned from Fleetwood Mac. It has similarly up tempo percussion, but the vocal is too neutered.

You should still check out "Ledge" though — it's kind of a more coked up version of the now familiar Toyotathon theme.

YES! that's the one. the fidelity of the youtube playback leaves a bit to be desired (you can't hear the song nearly as well as you can on regular TV) but, this is the commercial that has the song on it. (and someone else besides me wants to purchase this song as well).... NOW, how can we find out the name of the Artist and Song????
thanks!

I came here wondering the same thing.

Actually, if we're talking about the same commercial, I think it sounds like the song, "Ledge" written by Lindsey Buckingham and performed by Fleetwood Mac from their 1979 album, Tusk.
P Crispy: zenefan found the commercial in question on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1r8SfOx8Y
now, how can we find the name of the Artist and Song?

I realize that this is two years after the original thread, but I just wanted to say that the toyotathon commercials are mashups of a song from a band called the Syphlloids in Boston. The song is callled Guys Like Me on the album Finger Check

Back