Lipstick Jungle

leone

baby daddy
Reaction score
Caught a few of the songs:

bathroom scene:
"Ooh La La" by Goldfrapp (Amazon) (iTunes)

flower delivery:
"I Am in Love With You" by Imogen Heap (Amazon) (iTunes)

ending:
"Always On Your Side" by Sheryl Crow (Amazon) (iTunes)

I love when they play Imogen!

Any idea of what remix that was of "Glamorous" by Fergie during the fashion show?

Here is the song list for the pilot episode, taken from the show website:

"I Get High," Elmo

"Always On Your Side," Sheryl Crow

"These Boots Are Made For Walkin'," Nancy Sinatra

"Love Like This," Natasha Bedingfield

"Salty Air," Bittersweet

"Ohh La La," Goldfrapp

"Taking A Chance On Love," Renee Olstead

"I Am In Love With You," Imogen Heap

"Glamorous," (Space Cowboy remix) Fergie

Thank you! Now I'm just disappointed that I have to wait until the album comes out until I can buy that song in iTunes. I love it!

Heh, I won't be a music snob this time, but the Canadian band Bella was featured in the Chapter 2 episode. The song's "Give it a night"

In the sept 08 episode, there was a gong playing while Neko is walking around after her husband's funeral. I believe the lyrics were partly: "It's About What You Wanted" "I'm Not What You Wanted." It was a female singer. ANy thoughts?

Here are the songs from the first 2 episodes:

1:
"Gotta Be Free," Marcus Miller featuring
Corinne Bailey Rae
"Right As Rain," Adele
"What You Wanted," Angus & Julia Stone

2:
"Sweet About Me," Gabriella Cilmi
"Tell Me," The Peak Show
"Like The Stars," Easy Star All-Stars
"Set The Grass On Fire," Elysian Fields
"Bottle It Up," Sara Barielles
"Better In Time," Leona Lewis

http://www.nbc.com/Lipstick_Jungle/about/music.shtml

Hey

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me find the music that played during the club scene when Victory was talking to Kirby at the halloween party.

In the scene, there is a club song that is playing in the background that is kinda dance/trance like while both Victory and Kirby are talking to one another. If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative. Its driving me nuts!!

If needed, they can view the scene online on the nbc.com website under the episode 'scary, scary night '. Just look for the halloween party scene.

If anyone has any ideas, they can reply here or email me at Littlemang11(at)aol.com

Thanks

Here's the music list for that episode:

Episode 205 - Scary, Scary Night
"Ode To Jerry," by Project Grand Slam
"For A Waltz," Zimpala
"Lights and Music," Cut Copy
"Hearts On Fire," Cut Copym
"Sun Machine," April March & Steve Hanft

Here's a link to all the music on that show:
http://www.nbc.com/Lipstick_Jungle/about/music.shtml

Thanks so much for replying. Unfortunately, I had already checked the website, it isn't listed there. The song is dance and trance like and plays in the background during the conversation between kirby and victory at the halloween party. It is exactly played while he is offering her a pumpkin-tini.

any help would be appreciated...

thank you so much. I listened to that song and for some reason it did not click. then I listened again and it matched in my head. thanks again for your help! :)

Anyone know the name of the song and artist for the song played during the end of the fashion show. The fashion show begins with "Paid My Dues" by Anastacia; then, when the character Victory takes her walk at the end in the white dress, the music shifts to a nice, smooth song featuring a female vocalist. It's a short clip. Although I only heard such a short amount and this was a scene featuring lots of people clapping, I still loved the music. I couldn't hear any lyrics other than the first two words, "Long before..."

The song is in Episode 13. I just watched it again over on Hulu and the song begins at the 32:45 mark of the episode. Thanks!!

This song was playing when Nico and Victory walk down the hall in slow motion. Female singer, the only lyric I caught sounded like "I'll be perfect in my next life..." Any help on the artist/name?

Re: Lipstick Jungle 12.12.08 - "I'll be perfect in the next life..."

Could it be: "The Saddest Sound" by Lucy Wainwright Roche??

Get it from.

Reactions: jca
Re: Lipstick Jungle 12.12.08 - "I'll be perfect in the next life..."

No, but I totally dig that song and am downloading it as I type!

I realized I Tivo'd it - lyrics start:

Every morning I'm struggling
Trying to figure out where I fit in
It doesn't make much sense but I have to roll with it
Look in the mirror and see my face
but something always seems out of place
has my reflection just run away from me

if only I could dig deep inside
if only I could I could fly twice as high
if only i could be free
if only I could just give it time
if only I could learn from life