Sounds Like: Nirvana

PiratesLife_ForMe

All-Star Member
Reaction score
Okay, I've been without a computer the past week and I heard this song on the radio last sunday, so I'll try to describe it as best as I can remember.

The song I heard REALLY reminded me of Nirvana. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nirvana, but I'm not positive.
It would have that weepy guitar song throughout the down parts of the song, and then it would kick up with electric guitar at the chorus. But what made the song stand out was the areas of strings. There were violins (I think that's what it was) at the beginning of the song, and a few other areas throughout.

This was on a general rock/alternative station.
The singer was male.

I can't be too sure of any lyrics, but I remember the word "faith" and the song was about a relationship I believe.

It didn't really sound anything like Cobain, which is why I'm guessing it's probably not Nirvana.
But again, I'm not too sure.

Thank you for your help!!!!

Unfortunately, I heard this song while I was on a road trip. All I know is we were in some weird, small town in Northern California that I couldn't find on a map. So I have no idea what the station is.

And no, it's none of those songs. :/
But thank you.

I'm starting to think that it may actually be Nirvana; the sound was so close. I'm not familiar with all of Nirvana's music, so I went through iTunes trying to find anything that stood out, but I couldn't find anything.

Back