Walmart Coca-Cola "Stock Up on Joy" movie theater ad

apgertz

Reaction score
I went to see (was dragged to) Twilight, and there was this incredibly catchy Christmas themed commercial for Wal Mart with a guy walking through a party distributing coke to his friends including a Judo trainer, myspace friends and a cool stepmom. Any ideas where I can find this? Thanks.

Re: Wal-Mart/Coca Cola Ad in Movie Theaters

The lyrics sound like:

"The holidays are here again so I've invited all my friends.
The people who are dear to me to my extended family.
We've got my dad my sis my brother
and my surprisingly cool step mother.

(something about half a dozen cousins..and someone's online date?)
she was the first girl I kissed, I love you

my judo coach, my allergist, my myspace friends, and twitter-lets
when you stop to look around there's enough to go around
singing joy, enough to go around, enough to go around and around and around...
or something? lol, I don't know? I forget the middle of the song, but it is stuck in my head...."

It is probably composed just for the ad with lyrics like those. :7

I went to see (was dragged to) Twilight, and there was this incredibly catchy Christmas themed commercial for Wal Mart with a guy walking through a party distributing coke to his friends including a Judo trainer, myspace friends and a cool stepmom. Any ideas where I can find this? Thanks.

And who is the guy singing it? I love this ad!

Ya i have that song stuck in my head and i would like to see if they had it posted. There's 1 place i havn't looked is crackle so try that if u find it tell me
:D:

I hate Coke and Walmart, but that commercial is great.

Re: Wal-Mart Coca-Cola ad in movie theaters

I can get it out of my head: The holidays are here again so i've invited all my friends. the most dear to me to my extended family. I got my dad my sis and my brother and my suprisingly cool step mother and her to kids she had before she met my dad . We've my duzen cousin my friend ben and his online date and my first kiss i luv u We've got my judo trainer my alligeris my myspace friends and my twittle - lets. When u stop to look around theres enough to go around Sing joy there's enough to go around there's enough to go around :cool:

I wonder if it was just written for the ad. Has anyone tried to Email Wal-Mart and Coca-Cola?

The person who song that song was Dan Malone from texas very pleasent to work with email me if you want more info I am the man sitting on couch with light brown sweater that commercial took about 14 hours to complete and it was very very hot in that room I think we filmed in july and yes that tune was catchy

I have a friend who worked on that commercial n it was shot in Oct. the tune refuses to leave my . Anyhow, I saw the "judo coach" in a couple of other ads; who is he?

Dan Malone was considered for the lead role in the spot (his voice is amazing) but he didn't get the part. He appears as the stepbrother with the reindeer sweater. John Magarro is the lead. The spot was the work of the Martin Agency, and the song was written by Dave Muhlenfeld, the same guy who writes all the Free Credit Report dot com songs.

Sorry for the stupid question but where can I watch this great commercial (on the net)?
...link perhaps?

Thank you for the information! :)

Sorry for the stupid question but where can I watch this great commercial (on the net)?
...link perhaps?

I've been trying to find a link to this somewhere and haven't been able to so far.

Dan Malone's voice may be amazing, but I think the guy who is singing it has the perfect voice for the spot. He sings with such sincerity that every one in the audience feels that they could be part of his family there. Perfect casting. I wonder why Coke told me his name was John Maguro instead of John Magarro?

Dan Malone was considered for the lead role in the spot (his voice is amazing) but he didn't get the part. He appears as the stepbrother with the reindeer sweater. John Magarro is the lead. The spot was the work of the Martin Agency, and the song was written by Dave Muhlenfeld, the same guy who writes all the Free Credit Report dot com songs.

Re: Wal-Mart Coca-Cola "Stock Up on Joy" movie theater ad

Thanks for all the help guys if i listen to it enought it will get out of my head

Re: Wal-Mart Coca-Cola "Stock Up on Joy" movie theater ad

Does anyone know the advertising agency who produced this spot?

Back