Cashing In

jca

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the award winning 2005 bio-pic "Walk the Line", the music of singer Johnny Cash has had a resurgence in recent years. Cash songs have been used in several recent commercials, including a Choice Hotels ad with the Johnny Cash version of the song "I've Been Everywhere".

A set of cover versions of a famous Johnny Cash song can be heard in a new series of Levi's "Straight Walk" jeans ads. The first Levi's commercial follows a woman (model Lily Aldridge) making her way through a busy city, in a straight line, ultimately stopping at her destination -- a man with whom she shares a longing glance. A second version of the Levi's TV ad follows a man (actor Jamie Dornan) and his straight line journey to reach the very same woman. The third version of the ad mixes footage of the couple together.

All of the ads use slow tempo cover versions of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" (iTunes) which were created specifically for the commercials. In the female version of the ad, the song is performed by singer Megan Wyler. The male ad features the vocals by singer Adem Ilhan of British band Fridge. The third version of the Levi's commercial mixes both vocals together into a duet version of "I Walk the Line".

Back