Four Christmases

Rakko

Reaction score
Hi! It's my first time here.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the name of the song that's in LOTS of comedy movie commercials, that has the lyrics "hey hey hey hey" followed by a short instrumental and then "hey hey hey hey" again. Currently it's in a TV commercial for the movie Four Christmases, but the trailer for it that I found online didn't have the song.

For some reason I used to think it was a Fishbone song. I just checked and the song is NOT Fishbone's "Housework", which also has the lyrics "hey hey hey hey". Anyone know what this is?

The only thing I can think of is "Firestarter" by The Prodigy.

What's the feel of the song? Fast, slow, rock, pop, male or female vocals...?

This trailer? It has a "hey" song at the beginning. Or are you talking about another song that's been in a lot of movie trailers that uses the "hey hey hey hey" and then there's trumpet/jazzy/upbeat music?

"Treat Her Right" by the Commitments is the song I was thinking of. They use it in a TON of movie trailers. Listen here. It's usually in comedy trailers. There's always some really bad joke, then a pause, then you'll hear the "hey hey hey hey" and the music. Anyway, around 1:30 is where that kicks in.

Yes, "Treat Her Right" is it! Arigatoo!

It's interesting that, although the song has been recorded many times since 1965, they used the version from a movie (The Commitments) for movie trailers.

I also realized why I was mistakenly thinking it was Fishbone. There's another movie commercial I saw years ago that I think had a fishbone song in it, but it didn't sound anything like "Treat Her Right"... I got the two confused somehow.

(I'm now wondering what Fishbone song that was. The beginning of it sounded a little like "Trendy" or maybe some other song by Reel Big Fish.)

Any body knows what´s the beatles song in this spanish trailer???? (0:57-)Is easy because is a very popular beatle´s song but i don´t know the name... Anybody can help me?
Thanks!

Back