Name of Horror Movie

thesassycynic

Pro Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've been meaning to ask about this movie for ages, but I keep forgetting. There was this scary movie I saw as a kid and all I can remember is that there was this creepy guy (ghost, demon, something) who was after either a person or group of people. This person/people could go through some sort of portal where they would be in this creepy ghost town/western setting with the guy who was after him/them. That's all I can remember. I know it's vague, but maybe someone knows what I'm referring to?

Haha. After all my Googling, I make this post, and now I think I've found it. Ghost Town? It's from 1988. The plot sounds right, but I don't know for sure unless I can find a video clip or picture....

Mmmm. Don't think that's it. This one looks pretty craptastic and awesome, but I remember the demon/ghost guy looking more "dead" and I *think* there was like a final shootout at the end of the movie. It was darker too, and I don't think there was a whole town of ghosts.

You're not thinking of Phantasm (or it's sequels), are you? (It has a "portal" plot element.)

Good guess, but my vilian is much grosser/scarier looking. And, he's dressed like a gunslinger which is why I associate the western/ghost town motif with the movie.

Westworld is a pretty cool old movie. It's not the one you're talking about though.

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Oct 10 2008, 08:08 PM
Westworld is a pretty cool old movie. It's not the one you're talking about though.
Yeah, that's super helpful....

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I remember seeing it as a kid so I'm thinking it's probably from the 80s or early 90s. The bad guy is a very dead looking cowboy. And when they're in the "western" time, I remember it being really dark.

Back