I'm an idiot

dely

Reaction score
Oh boy guys, I screwed up on this one. I'm about 60% certain this song was played on Brothers and Sisters last night (10/5), but it could be from last week's Bones, or from something else that I'd taped last week and watched yesterday and forget what it was. Aarrgghh. Anyway, you guys have come through on some pretty tough stuff, so I have faith.

Other problem, it took me a couple minutes to get around to writing the lyrics down and I'm not getting any hits on lyric searches, so I may have goofed with them too. Starting to see the reason for the "idiot" comment?

Anyway, female singer, medium mellow, somewhat husky voice, *very* familiar - one of those voices that has me saying, "I'm *sure* I know who this is, I just can't ...". Main hook was "this is all new" and then maybe "and I'm wishing my way through the dark". There was also a line somewhere about eyelashes on fingers??

I know, could I vague that up a little? C'mon, someone can get this, you guys are geniuseseses, right?

Last night's 'Brothers & Sisters' only had male singers (John Mellencamp & Jakob Dylan) and the only female singer from the previous week was Beth Orton, but her song "Stolen Car" doesn't have lyrics anything like what you listed.

Last week's 'Bones' didn't have any music (the murder in the office) and the week before that had a single song "Set Free" by Katie Gray, also without those lyrics.

Do you remember what other shows you were watching yesterday?

Actually I remember the Beth Orton song from a week ago in the scene with Becca and Justin in her apartment because I looked that one up. I've been racking my brain to think what else I had on tape this weekend from the previous week and I'm not getting it. I was hoping someone might recognize what I could salvage of the lyrics - especially that line about eyelash(s) on a finger.

OK, OK, move along, now, clear out folks, nuthin' to see here (backing away, hanging head in shame). KT Tunstall, "Through the Dark" ("wishes on eyelashes fade", "Well this is all new, And I'm feeling my way through the dark") from Eye to the Telescope, which I've owned since it came out. Also own her second CD. Like the topic says, I'm an idiot. And a little too quick to turn to the faithful ADTunes tonight, apparently. I still don't know what show it was in though!!

Back