Songs like "Hallelujah"

thesassycynic

Pro Member
Reaction score
This is for a fellow dance teacher who wants a song for a duet between two young girls. The style of dance is lyrical (like ballet and contemporary combined) and she would like something similar to "Hallelujah". She's having a hard time because the duet is between two girls, so the song can't be romantic. Also, I don't think the girls are related so no "sister" songs, please. ;)

Thanks, guys!

so are you wanting ... acoustic style, or religious style, or all of the above? :D

Originally posted by michelle@Sep 30 2008, 09:06 PM
so are you wanting ... acoustic style, or religious style, or all of the above? :D
All or none, actually. I guess she's looking for something emotional and appropriate for little girls. :)

here's just a long list of songs that strike me as something a lyrical could be done to:

cindy lauper "true colors"
greenday "time of your life"
john hiatt "have a little faith in me" (or even the original version by joe cocker)
melanie c "if that were me"
smashing pumpkins "mellon collie and the infinite sadness" (piano/stings instrumental)
spice girls "mama" (actually a very sweet song, probably too fast for lyrical tho)
andrew bird "lull"
chris isaak "somebody's crying"
david gray "babylon"
josh rouse "quiet town" (uptempo acoustic)
keane "somewhere only we know"
loudon wainwright "daughter"
the sundays "wild horses"
corinne bailey rae "like a star"
imogen heap "hide and seek"
ingrid michaelson "the way i am"
nick drake "one of these things first" (really, almost anything off the garden state soundtrack)
queen "these are the days of our lives"
zero 7 "in the waiting"
the corrs "when the stars go blue"

sting ("ten summoner's tales" album)
sarah mclachlan
john mayer

Back