Lexus "December to Remember"

kens522

Reaction score
The theme for the Lexus December To Remember campaign is in all of the commercials, both on TV & Radio. (The campaign features rich people giving their loved ones a new Lexus for xmas...)

It's a classical piece of music that's playing. A flute or clarinet of some sort playing the main theme. I'm fairly certain the piece of music is xmas related somehow.

More important than the name of the song though, is what movie it's from. I am absolutely positive it's from a movie, and it's driving me crazy not being able to come up with it.

I think the movie was comedy. I have the feeling the music played the morning after the climax of the movie, or when someone returned home from an adventure of some sort...it was definitely like, a return to normal after all that happened in the movie. The scene with the music definitely took ppace in the home, and it was around Christmas. Any help is appreciated!

I know what you mean by a movie-sounding song.. seems to me it was like Disney or something.. I've got it running in my head, I'll see if I can muster up a recollection. :)

Does anyone know who sings the song and the name of the song in the lexus December to Remember commercial?? Man and Woman singing Jazz style song. Thinking it is Ella Fitzgerald and Louie Armstrong but not sure and definately no clue of the title.

Thanks in advance, Rob

I'm trying to find out the name/artist for the piano music in the Lexus Christmas "bow" ads. Yes, it is driving me crazy. :p

Lexus "December to Remember"

Hi

I was wondering ifanyone here could name the piano tune used on the Lexus Christmas ads - you know, the ones where people end up giving their loved one's a luxury car with a bow on top as a CHristmas present.

Thanks for your help.

Don I have been looking and searching for that music and have yet to find it and its driving me crazy so if I do find out what that music is I will let you know. I think the music is so pretty I keep playing the commercial on the Lexus website over and over

This question was posted in several topics, so rather than answer in each one, I'm just creating a new topic. I hope that's okay.

I contacted Lexus through their website to find out what the title and artist of the song that they use for their 'December to Remember' ad campaign. Here's the part of their email response that gives the answer:

"The name of the song on the "December to Remember" commercial is "Friends & Family" by the record company Killer Tracks. Please contact Todd King of Killer Tracks."

Doing a quick Google search, it seems like the production company is the one at http://www.killertracks.com.

Hope that's helpful.

Killer Tracks is a production music company; they're music is not available for commercial release.

It's driving me crazy too. I think it was in a movie, like Home Alone maybe?

I believe Thresher is on the right track with Home Alone. In checking the Soundtrack listing on i-tunes, the Lexus music sounds very similar to "Somewhere in My Memory" by John Williams. Could be parts of that mixed with other music or just a new version.
If anyone finds out additional info, I would love to hear about it.

Also - check out You Tube for another piano piece used in a Lexus commercial - by Mark Joggerst

There is a simple song played on piano that Lexus uses every year in its December to remember commercials. It’s always puts me in the Christmas mood. I can’t seem to find the name of it anywhere.

I hear this song every year, it's very nice. Sounds almost like a traditional christmas song.

Who's the composer?

Re: Lexus December Christmas holiday ad

Hi

I was wondering ifanyone here could name the piano tune used on the Lexus Christmas ads - you know, the ones where people end up giving their loved one's a luxury car with a bow on top as a CHristmas present.

Thanks for your help.
I believe that the song is titled either "Family and Friends" or "Friends and Family" from an out-of-print CD titled, I believe, "Holiday Hits Vol. 2" by jazz flutist Steve Kujala. I found the music (after much searching!) on the Rhapsody music website.

Re: Lexus December Christmas holiday

Hi Don (and anyone else interested)-

Don't know if you're still out there, but I wrote that song used in the Lexus December to Remember campaign.

Steve Kujala

I found it on Youtube! It's called Family and Friends by Steve Kujala.

I too thought it was from Home Alone, but isn't.

Re: Lexus "December to Remember"

There is a simple song played on piano that Lexus uses every year in its December to remember commercials. It’s always puts me in the Christmas mood. I can’t seem to find the name of it anywhere.
I heard a really cool jazzy full length version of the Lexus XMAS Ad in Home Depot on 11/29/11 in Neptune, NJ. I have been searching the net for days but no luck either.

A version of the "Friends and Family" (Lexus Song) was released by the original composer. May not be the same version(s) used in past Lexus holiday ads.

Family & Friends (Lexus Song)
by Steve Kujala

Download from Amazon

<_< No matter where this is from... the "December to Remember" tune is the most irritating commercial tune of the month... I'm glad December is nearly over so I don't have to wear out my mute button.

Back