Ike

Enyone

Pro Member
Reaction score
My parents and grandparents are still on the island. They simply didn't want to leave. Evacuating from Rita traumatized us. I live in Houston so I travelled a little more north than where I reside. Please keep my family in your prayers. Especially my grandpa. He's by himself. He's stubborn just like me. But damnit he needs to see me finish college :)

Love Erika

Originally posted by Enyone@Sep 12 2008, 01:28 PM
Please keep my family in your prayers.
Hope everything turns out ok for everyone involved.

Everything is ok!! No damage on both houses. Well my grandpa lost a window, but that's it. 10 homes have burned. The island is flooded. Causeway is blocked by debris. Aaand no death reports yet :)

that's great to hear, i'm still waiting to hear from some friends who decided to stay, so hopefully i'll hear from them soon.
we were lucky, the storm moved more north than expected and we didn't get hit like they said we were.
unfortunately, two teens were washed away by the storm surges, one is dead and the other is still missing.
two guys who tried to help the teens were injured, one critically, but the other is stable.
as for my new neighbors, they are doing fine, although john wants to move back to arizona (i found out their names, dave and john).

Hey were are you from?!! Glad to hear you're alright. Thank god that surge didn't come. I cannot believe Crystal Beach is gone!

I've heard from all my friends that stayed, they're scattered across the state. Houston still isn't working right. So I'm flying to Dallas tomorrow to meet my folks before they seperate. My grandparents will go to the Valley and my parents might sip pina coladas in Mehico! Bastards, I just might join for shits and giggles. I cannot help but cringe at the sight of all the headline news that say "they ignored evacuation orders" etc. We didn't ignore. We made a choice. We said thanks but no thanks. And talking about punishing us is lame if you ask me. I know some people that have never left that island. not even to go to Texas City (city over the bridge).

Word, I lived in SA a couple of years ago. I'm heading down there tomorrow.

Back