2009 Lincoln MKS "Lift Off" Cat Power David Bowie

lamgray

Reaction score
I assume someone will ask, just saw this commercial and its a cover of David Bowie's Space Oddity done by Cat Power (Chan Marshall). I don't think its for sale anywhere. If its not Cat Power, then it is someone that sounds like her to a T.

Does anyone know where to get the full version of this? Anyone up for pounding the ad agency, Lincoln's PR team, etc. so they realize people would like this to be available? It's worked in the past. Better yet, if you know where to get it, please let us know. Thanks.

Nope, the singer is almost definitely Cat Power (Chan Marshall). The Fall version is a good one, but does anyone know where to find the version from the commercial?

What's odd is, Cat Power released a covers album, with other classics, and the recording of those sound very similar to this cover, I would bet it was part of the same sessions, but who can tell? Anyway that album is on Itunes. It's worth it.

Originally posted by axcollin@Sep 15 2008, 05:32 PM
Cat Power released a covers album
Cat Power has two albums featuring cover songs -- The Covers Record and Jukebox -- yet they never release these covers she does for TV commercials. :confused:

there are also a couple of decent (and nice) covers of this song ... i like the ones covered by natalie merchant and the fall.

Does anyone know the song in the new Lincoln MKS commercial with the chick singing? It is not the daft punk song, but a chick singing a softer song. Please help.

Are you talking about the cover of "Space Oddity" by Cat Power?

There was a commercial that ran about a car. I don't remember when (though it was earlier this year). I don't remember what type of car although it was a luxury sedan I believe.
The point is that the song that was played was a female voice singing the countdown that happens before a rocket launch as various parts of the car were shown (i.e. accelerator, speedometer, etc.). Does anyone remember the commercial OR the song. I'm trying to figure out what the song is.

Thanks sawdust. I figured it out last night and was a little upset to find out that it's not available anywhere. It was bugging the hell out of me.

Can't quite remember the car ad (or company at that), but there's a female vocalist singing "Ground control to Major Tom" from David Bowie. Being a life long punk rocker, I gotta admit, it's a rather good rendition. I would like to sort out who sings that, being that it wasn't recorded by the companies creative dept.

Back