2008 Democratic National Convention DNC

According to another site, the video begins with music by Philip Glass but I don't know exactly which piece it is and/or what film it's from.

I do know the following, though:

1:55-2:51
Born on the Fourth of July (John Williams) - Homecoming (track 13) (Amazon link)

2:52-end
Apollo 13 (James Horner) - End Titles (track 23) (Amazon link)

Originally posted by cavafox@Aug 28 2008, 02:57 AM
I have another request from the DNC,

http://gallery.demconvention.com/Default.h...tml?VideoID=531

It is the song that played in the background of the Biden introduction video, I am positive that it is from a movie and I can't pinpoint it! It's driving me crazy.
To answer my own question, the song in the intro of Biden is:

Mark Isham - Building A Family

Originally posted by thx99@Aug 28 2008, 03:56 AM
According to another site, the video begins with music by Philip Glass but I don't know exactly which piece it is and/or what film it's from.

I do know the following, though:

1:55-2:51
Born on the Fourth of July (John Williams) - Homecoming (track 13) (Amazon link)

2:52-end
Apollo 13 (James Horner) - End Titles (track 23) (Amazon link)
Ill put it in your format:

0:00-1:55
Life as a House(Mark Isham) - Building A Family(Track 11)
(Amazon link)

Originally posted by cavafox@Aug 28 2008, 04:31 AM
To answer my own question, the song in the intro of Biden is:

Mark Isham - Building A Family
Ah, so the Glass ID was incorrect! Sorry 'bout that... :(

Originally posted by thx99@Aug 28 2008, 06:56 AM
What is the other site?

Does anyone know where online I can find the DNC film honoring veterans that aired last night? It was directed by Steven Spielberg and narrated by Tom Hanks. I'd like to know all the music that was used throughout the film.

Originally posted by ssreverb@Aug 28 2008, 08:24 AM
I found the veterans video on http://gallery1.demconvention.com/Default....tml?VideoID=531
You have to click "full schedule" then "August 27" to find it.
Any idea what music was used?
Here's a direct link to the Steven Spielberg-directed veterans video:
LINK.

John Williams composed original music for the film. Unknown if a CD/iTunes release is forthcoming.

After Obama's speech tonight, there was a orchestra type background music right before they exited. If someone knows the song, I would love to know, it's driving me MAD! It's in a movie, I just can't locate it.

the quality is horrible, but the song is also in the beginning before obama's speech.

I've been doing some major searching on the web to find out who composed the last portion of Chelsea's tribute video to her mother. I cannot find it and it is driving me crazy. I am not led to believe that it was made specifically for the Literacy commercial because the music played in the commercial is shorter in length than the music played at the end of the Tribute Video. I believe the Literacy commercial has 1:00 minute versus Hillary's which has more than 2 minutes of the same song playing. However, I found this website that discusses all the music played in the tribute video EXCEPT the excerpt that we are all looking for. If anyone is interested: http://www.motherjones.com/riff_blog/archi..._clinton_1.html.

Please help us find the song played at around the 2:50 mark of the video!

Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what is the song that begins at 0:04 and continutes up to about 2:00. I have heard it before, but can't place it. Here's the link to the video
Thanks!!

Hey All,

I have been trying to look for this music played in this video found at around the 2:46 mark. I know that it is also played in a commercial promoting 'Lifelong Literacy - Camelot'. But the version found in that commercial is shorter than the one used played in the tribute video. This leads me to believe that it was an actual composition. But no one seems to know what it is.

Go to the 2:46 mark in this link:
YouTube Video
I would appreciate any help.

Thanks redadder for the heads-up about the Lifelong Literacy ad.

colbertican007, I too have been looking all over for more information about that instrumental track but with no success at all ...

------------

Anyone folks, I have another music clip I'm trying to ID ... it is from the following video on YouTube. It sounds so familiar yet, I cannot put my finger on it.

I know it isn't the DNC, but it is from the same election period. Now that the election is over, I hope we can avoid a discussion about the subject in the video, and focus on the music. Thanks so much! :D

It is the music playing, as Sarah Palin is introduced and walks onto the ice-rink.

Back