World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King

damageinc346

Reaction score
does anyone know the song that plays about 47 seconds into the intro. its awesome. and is the song on a WoW soundtrack somewhere?

From reading wow insider it could be a couple of artists
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/08/20/the-m...-the-lich-king/

The music in Wrath continues that tradition with scores from Blizzard veterans Russell Brower, who composed the login screen theme for the new expansion

Brower was also behind the music for The Burning Crusade login screen as well as the affecting melodies of Eversong Woods and the Ghostlands (some co-written with New Age musician David Arkenstone and fellow Blizzard veteran Jason Hayes)

Dragonblight has one of the most haunting background melodies I've heard in the game so far, and its music is part of why WoW Insider's Elizabeth Harper considers it to be her favorite zone. Composed by Derek Duke, who has also done work on other Blizzard games such as Warcraft III, the themes vary from day to night and set a somber tone throughout the scarred zone

In the game files, there are contributions from Blizzard musical director Glenn Stafford, as well, who composed my favorite themes from Warcraft III such as Lordaeron Fall and Frostmourne

Hope this helps

Blizzard recently made most of its soundtracks available through itunes. For this particular track I believe they will continue in the tradition of their past soundtracks, which will be to release a soundtrack with the collector's edition of the game. I'd hazard that this will be on the Wrath of the Lich King soundtrack, much as the cinematic scores from Burning Crusade was on the Burning Crusade Soundtrack and the original world of warcraft cinematic was on the original wow soundtrack.

It's nice that theme you are referring to is also used in last half of The Frozen Throne's cinematic where Arthas gets his keen helmet. I'm glad they carried it over, even as they left him in the same exact pose where we last saw him :)

Excuse this for having nothing to do with helping with the topic.
But good lord that song is beyond words.
Amazing

I'm sure everyone's figured it out by now but, just in case, the track is "Arthas, my Son" from the official Wrath of the Lich King soundtrack.

Back