Moral Dilemma

a_iver

Tauntor
Reaction score
Yesterday I found $120 inside a wallet at the Apple River. I was so excited that I already spent $40 of it. The problem is I have his drivers license and everything and I feel like I should return it. My dad who's done it for 20-30 years would've pocketed it without even thinking and sent all his personal stuff to the authorities as the trade-off. I mean his reasoning does make sense: the guy was stupid enough to bring $120 down the apple river, he would've never found it anyways, he's filthy rich (wallet was full of snowmobile licenses, ATV, jet ski licenses, etc), and I was the one who found it. In another sense it still doesn't seem right though to take it. I would give him the remaining $80, but what to say is another issue. What do you think I should do?

It's prolly a ye olde way of thinking but I'd put the 40 bucks back. *shrug*

Personally, I would put the 40.00 back and give him his stuff back.

It does not matter what most people would do, it matters what you honestly feel is the right thing to do. :)

Apple River? Fuck me, that is the worst place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!!!!!! I was there 2 weeks ago for a bachelor party, holy shit, you will find a better place to feel shitty about the future of humanity. FUCCCKKKK!!!!!!

Take it, the guy is prolly dead.

Originally posted by Bloodlessr@Aug 21 2008, 09:35 PM
Apple River? Fuck me, that is the worst place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it!!!!!!!! I was there 2 weeks ago for a bachelor party, holy shit, you will find a better place to feel shitty about the future of humanity. FUCCCKKKK!!!!!!

Take it, the guy is prolly dead.
:lol:

I swear you are Penn.. or Teller.. whichever one is the big guy that talks.

hahahaha

even if the dude is dead, i'd probably send the wallet back w/ the original amount of money.

Believe me guys, the apple river is the most digusting place I've ever been, I felt dirty for a week after leaving. It's like girls gone wild but everyone is drunker and gross. I've never seen anyone on pcp, until then. I'm guessing he is super dead.

Very simple. It's his. Make the effort and send it back.

Edit: All of it. :unsure:

He doesn't have to know that you found the wallet with all his money in it. For all he knows, you found the wallet after someone else took all the cash, and you were being the responsible person by sending his wallet back. I'd keep the cash and send the wallet. What kind of retard loses a wallet FULL of money? He deserves to have it all taken.

Back