Canada's winning the Olympics

goodasgold

Pro Member
Reaction score
If the goal of the olympics is to get the least medals than Canada is on pace to win the Olympics. Zero medals so far. Go Canada Go!

Michael Phelps - 7 for 8. One more race to go. That race was exciting tonight. :woo:

I know. When I was watching the replays I mentioned that I was surprised the other guy didn't fight that but then I guess I jinxed it.

I'm glad he won, I swear his dad is a dolphin and that's why you only see his mom there. :p

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Aug 15 2008, 11:00 PM
When I was watching the replays I mentioned that I was surprised the other guy didn't fight that
He did..... and lost. :lol:

Canada is finally going to get a medal today. Hurray for us! One of the Canadian woman wrestlers made it to the gold medal match.

Originally posted by Sir_Garland@Aug 15 2008, 08:00 PM
I know. When I was watching the replays I mentioned that I was surprised the other guy didn't fight that but then I guess I jinxed it.

I'm glad he won, I swear his dad is a dolphin and that's why you only see his mom there. :p
Or maybe a Merman. :p

Originally posted by goodasgold@Aug 15 2008, 11:44 PM
Canada is finally going to get a medal today. Hurray for us! One of the Canadian woman wrestlers made it to the gold medal match.
:woo:

What other events are you getting? They're only showing the more popular ones here. :(

:lol: :lol: Oh you meant that one. :lol:

No, not quite. :p

Canada is expected to medal in the some of the rowing races. Those are pretty popular to watch for us Canucks. Do they show much of those on the US stations?

They might show those on a random cable channel, usually in the middle of the night. I've never seen it in primetime. They're fun to watch, just like the swimming events.

Originally posted by goodasgold@Aug 15 2008, 11:44 PM
Canada is finally going to get a medal today. Hurray for us!
Hey, look at that.. Bronze in the 1500m! :woo:

Originally posted by leone+Aug 16 2008, 07:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leone @ Aug 16 2008, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-goodasgold@Aug 15 2008, 11:44 PM
Canada is finally going to get a medal today. Hurray for us!
Hey, look at that.. Bronze in the 1500m! :woo: [/b][/quote]
:woo:
That makes 4 medals for Canada now.

Silver for 2 man rowing. And a Gold and bronze for woman's wrestling. Canada might win some more rowing medals later tonight. *crosses fingers*

Hurray for Canada for finishing better than the last Summer Olympics. For awhile it looked like it was going to be our worst Olympics ever. :)

We do better in the Winter Olympics, but that might be because there are less countries that take part in those.

Back