For the love of God, help me!

jjprodmast

Reaction score
Okay, there's a song with a woman singing where it seems most of it is her going "oooooOOOOoooooo" with an "oo" sound as in "soup." It's a slow, methodical, pretty song, and has no thumping bass and a minimal beat (or possibly none, it was so low-key that I can't remember).

I couldn't make out the rest of the lyrics, unfortunately.

Before you respond, know that others have sought it out, and it is none of the following:

Any of the songs by Alicia Keys
James Blunt - Same Mistake
Malaika - Destiny
Grits - Ooh Ahh
Frankie J - Obsession

However, it is most similar in tone to the James Blunt song, if that helps.

Please help!

Originally posted by jjprodmast@Aug 13 2008, 11:56 PM
Okay, there's a song with a woman singing where it seems most of it is her going "oooooOOOOoooooo" with an "oo" sound as in "soup."
When/where did you first hear this song?

Alas, twas on the overhead radio at Ruby Tuesday, so that's no help really. I am almost positive I've heard it elsewhere before, though.

Could it be a song by Sarah McLaughlin? The clip you posted def sounds familiar, I can't put my finger on it.

It very well might be, but a quick trip through her discography yielded nothing. Thanks, though.

Originally posted by jjprodmast@Aug 14 2008, 12:14 AM
Alas, twas on the overhead radio at Ruby Tuesday, so that's no help really.
Have you considered calling the restaurant and asking them? You'd be surprised how often that can work. I'm guessing all the wait staff there have heard the song countless times.

I did try that, unfortunately they didn't know, despite my best efforts to recreate the track. They did recognize it, but, much in the same way that you can hear a song a thousand times and never learn its identity, they didn't know the artist or song title.

Once I worked at Wal-Mart next to the electronics department and there was this song that looped in an ad every eight minutes or so, and I grew to hate it. I never did learn what it was though. I imagine it's the same situation. ;)

This is going to drive me insane, because I know that song.
I listened to the James Blunt song, and I can draw out a song in my mind that sounds very familiar - sung by a woman.

This is going to drive me mad, so I'll look through my music library.

:lol:

I know what you mean! I know I've heard it before, I just can't place it. If you can find it, I will give you lovely things (or, y'know, a very nice thank you or plaque or something).

:D

The clip of you humming/singing reminds me of Norah Jones - Sunrise. Probably not that as I seem to be striking out lately but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Holy mother of Mary, that's it! Thank you so much! *closure* *death* *rebirth* *listens to song*

I WAS SO CLOSE!

I kept thinking "why does this remind me of Norah Jones...."

So I went through my Norah songs, but that's one of the only ones I don't have in my library.

:duh:

Oh well.

GOOD JOB ON FINDING IT! B)

Back