Unknown car commercial CGI flowers

pinkelephants1015

Reaction score
Please help me find this song, this has been bothering me for years! A few years ago, I saw a car commercial, I believe it was for a Volkswagen, but I'm not completely sure. Any who, a sleek-looking sedan is driving down the road with CGI flowers and ribbons billowing behind it as it goes. The music in the commercial is only the intro to the song and has no words, but I heard it again on an airplane a few months later and the song is sung by an all-male group, that's all I can remember. I think it is a rock/alternative song, but the beginning sounds almost techno-ish, it had some acoustic guitar and piano in it. I have no idea where to ever find this song, I hope that this jogs someone's memory. Thank you!!

I saw a car commercial (don't remember what make) and in the beginning of the commercial, the car was just an axle and parts kept getting added on to it and by the end of the commercial, it was a full mid-size car (silver I think, or black) and it was driving into the sunset. There were 3D flowers and vines coming out the back of it as it drove along. The part of the song I heard was just the introduction, and I heard it on a Delta flight a few months later! The intro is guitar and piano, with really soft percussion in the background. It was for a specific car, and not a car company. It sounds like a mix of Radiohead and Coldplay, and it could be soft rock or alternative. I remember it being by an all-male group. It's rather old, but it's been driving me CRAZY!!!! Please help me, I'm about to die over here!!!

Based on the description I'm thinking it was probably an environmentally friendly car, but I don't know what make. I think I remember seeing the commercial.

Sounds kinda like the chevy malibu launch ad? No vines or flowers...or sunset...but I can't think of any other ad like you described...

If that's it, you're looking for 'Her Morning Elegance' by Oren Lavie. Sweet track.

wow, the first one was REALLY close. I asked my friend and she said it might be a Volkswagen commercial? Anyway, thanks for all the help y'all.

I am DETERMINED to find this one now...cause i wanna know what it is you've been looking for too lol... :lol:

Also, it might be REALLY old (maybe even 5 years old!) if that helps at all. I remember the ad was really popular, but I haven't heard it or the ad since.

As an aside, what was the lesson we learned from this?

MAKE SURE TO FIND OUT THE SONG YOU LIKE FROM AN AD AS SOON AS YOU SEE IT! :lol:

j/k

I know it was incredibly stupid, but I was like 12 and it didn't start to bother me until years later. I might be wrong about the car starting out as a axle and getting parts added onto it, but I'm POSITIVE about the flowers coming out of it while it drove, and I kinda remember maybe 3D bugs and insects on 3D plants in the beginning too, and then it was a field, and then it showed the car. It was sunset all throughout the commercial.

i know bud, i was just messin with yah.

i'll keep searchin high and low! :ph34r:

i'm still coming up empty.

no chance you can remember any lyrics from the song, or at least what BRAND the car was, even if you can't remember the model?

is it this one? Honda Civic Hybrid commercial from a couple years ago?

Song is Nature Anthem by Grandaddy

Oh snap!

I see a midsize sedan!
I see CGI flowers, bugs, and things!

It could be! We await the verdict with baited breath...

OMG.... so close, but so far away :( But I have been looking to find that song too, so it's all good I guess :p

I used to have a compilation VW offered when you purchased a car, but haven't dug it up yet. Will keep looking in case this didn't help.
If it's any consolation, I can totally see those flowers in my head! I wanna say it was the Jung at Heart or Hooverphonic but I can't be sure.
Good luck!

I know it was incredibly stupid, but I was like 12 and it didn't start to bother me until years later. I might be wrong about the car starting out as a axle and getting parts added onto it, but I'm POSITIVE about the flowers coming out of it while it drove, and I kinda remember maybe 3D bugs and insects on 3D plants in the beginning too, and then it was a field, and then it showed the car. It was sunset all throughout the commercial.
I think I found it. It was for the
Toyota Prius "Harmony" TV Commercial ..the song is "let your love flow" by the Bellamy Brothers.:D

Back