Nike "Pre Lives" Steve Prefontaine

gulicious

Reaction score
I was paroozing the nike running website at

http://www.nikerunning.com

there is a section called PRE LIVES (prefontaine, if anyones a fan) and there is a catchy little flash video about him, showcasing some famous shots of his races. The song for that 10-15 second video is very cool and I was hoping someone could ID it for me. Thanks.

:woo: Yeah! woo, that's three of us. Let's see how many people we can get on our bandwagon.

I like the music in that ad, too. I emailed Nike yesterday and just got this response:

Thank you for contacting Nike regarding the music for our 'Pre Lives' ad.

The music on the Nikerunnig.com as is done by a band called 'The Spooky Dance Band' which they have given us a couple of links where people can find their music:

poolorpond

KRECS

end of message

So it appears that the band is Spooky Dance Band. I don't know what the song is but they say it's on their 2LP Retrospective.

Hope this helps.

i had been trying to find out the name of this song for a long time, but unfortunately i haven't succeed
this commercial was posted in the Nike Website around 2005 or 2006 so its pretty dated can anyone help?

If anyone still cares the bands name is The Spooky Dance Band and the name of the song is "Chemical Reaction"

The lead singer and his Gf were killed in 2003 thats why there isnt more music or information about them.

Back