2008 Summer Olympics Beijing

rzror

Reaction score
anyone know the soundtrack played by NBC from its opening intro video? aired just prior to Tom Brokaw's commentary and the opening ceremonies.

thanks!

Does anyone know what the first song was in the piece about the US women's synchronized diving team narrated by Bob Costas on NBC was?

The song was just played during the olympics. On the night of Sunday, August 10, after Germany's qualifying women's gymnastics, prior to the women's 400m FREE. There was a brief segment on Laure Manaudou, a French female swimmer. During the segment they were playing the song. It's a female, & sounds a little melancholic. I think a piano is playing.

I remember two songs playing in the background of that piece that interested me. The first one, I knew (but now can't remember), but the second I don't (and would like to find out), but it didn't have vocals. I can't find that piece anywhere on the internet, though.

wow. type in "french rap" in itunes and you shall receive! the french song is: "La Belle et le bad boy" by MC Solaar

I'm pretty sure the second song was Everloving by Moby.

The piano doesn't come in until later in the song (which was the part they used in the segment).

I don't know exactly what you're talking about. However, there is a new album out called Olympics 2008: One World, One Dream that has Avril L., Sheryl Crow et al on it, if that helps. I think there ought to be a forum opened up on here solely for the music of these Games. I have searched my brains out for the music of Anna Pavlova's qualifying floor exercise, and am nearly blind from staring at this screen .... :blink:

Originally posted by capria460@Aug 11 2008, 03:30 PM
I have searched my brains out for the music of Anna Pavlova's qualifying floor exercise, and am nearly blind from staring at this screen .... :blink:

I think her floor ex is from Maksim Mrvica's Exodus.

It seems we succeeded in opening our forum. Thank you SO much for the Pavlova info. You have saved a night's sleep! Let's keep thiis going, shall we?

:D

There was a segment Olympic Chinese Diver Guo Jing Jing. I can't figure out what the first song used during this. Does anybody know? I should have a youtube link soon.
I know song 2 is Superstar by Lupe Fiasco and the 3rd is Apologize by One Republic.

the name of the song is ... The Funeral by Band of Horses i knew when i saw the olympic spotlight and heard the song, someone would ask for the name. its a beautiful tune and song.

Ran just minutes ago; the piece anchored by Mary Carillo about China's bigger/faster/taller entities. Some repeating piano music in the background, fairly certain it was part of a film score. Sounds Thomas Newman-ish but can't ID it.
Thanks...

Was it from Pay it Forward? Wild guess.

I didn't see the piece you refer to, but I keep hearing that bit of music repeated, and I know that's Thomas Newman...

Anyone know what happened to the post that listed the the songs in the Laure Manaudou piece on NBC? I saw the post yesterday and was planning on coming back to it, but can't it find it now. The link returns an error.

Back