Turbo HD by Dish Network

SteveXKR

Reaction score
Anyone know what the song is in the new 'Turbo HD' commerical by Dish Network?
it's Instrumental Guitar rock and I would describe as 'AC/DC' (rhythm part almost sounds a little like 'back in black' but it's not) meets Joe Satriani .

The beginning is a re-make of Funk 49 by Joe Walsch and the James Gang. But the rest i do not know.

Originally posted by SteveXKR@Aug 9 2008, 10:25 PM
Anyone know what the song is in the new 'Turbo HD' commerical by Dish Network?
it's Instrumental Guitar rock and I would describe as 'AC/DC' (rhythm part almost sounds a little like 'back in black' but it's not) meets Joe Satriani .
I was wondering about this song too. I also thought it sounded like AC/DC.

I didn't hear funk49 in there, but the first thing I noticed is that it sounded like ac/dc but it definitely was not ac/dc.

This bit sounds as if it may have some Led Z riffs in it. If anyone finds out the name of it, please email it to ram54(at)pbtcomm.net--Thanks, RAM

How come this hasn't shown up on youtube yet? I don't currently have Tivo or another form of DVR so I can't post it.

anyone figure this one out? i just saw the commercial again (this time on amc during the hunt for red october) and i'm definitely still curious about the song... good song.

Originally posted by thebarbarian@Aug 10 2008, 10:40 PM
The beginning is a re-make of Funk 49 by Joe Walsch and the James Gang. But the rest i do not know.
There are other posts in other forums that say it is Joe Walsh & The James Gang - "Funk 49" but it is definitely a remix of the song or another song entirely.

I think the song may be 'Funk 49', but by The Eagles - The Millennium Concert.

Originally posted by austingirl@Oct 20 2008, 09:36 PM
I think the song may be 'Funk 49', but by The Eagles - The Millennium Concert.
Could be but no one can seem to find a clip of the commercial online to verify.

Heres a link to listen to compare if the commercial eventually ends up online:

The Eagles - "Funk 49" Millennium Concert Version

http://www.deezer.com/track/funk-49-T96675

I learned how to play it on guitar. Awesome song!!
Let me know if anyone wants tabs for it.

Back