Audi A4 "Living Room" Truth in Progress

SBL

Reaction score

Could somebody help me find the music featured in this ad? Thanks!

I need to know the answer to this question; I was glued to the television when this came on 5 minutes ago during an olympics commercial break...

Originally posted by cobytheking@Aug 9 2008, 04:26 PM
I need to know the answer to this question; I was glued to the television when this came on 5 minutes ago during an olympics commercial break...
lol yea me too, once i heard the music i froze and stared at the TV. my dad thought i was weird. haha. but yea i really want to know what song it was.

omg i would love to know as well. trying to find a link to the ad but can't find on innernet so far.

I've been wondering the same thing this song rules. Although i do have an educated guess i haven't been able to narrow it down to a song yet. Has anybody thought that it could be sigur ros?

He might be right about Sigur Ros. They're Icelandic, and the few words that come in at the end of the commercial sound similar to that language. I'm gonna sift through there stuff to see if I can find it; if anyone wants to help that would be great.

Here you go:

Artist: Azukx
Song: Templeboy
Album: Mind Nature

I have been trying to find somewhere to download it all night... I've checked iTunes and Amazon, among other places.

Good luck!
Brian

Also, Sigur Ros is really incredible. I am a huge fan of their, you should check them out even though it's not them.

:D

Brian

So is there any way to get this song without buying it off the record label site?

Seems like this band really knows how to promote itself... :unsure:

I have been watching the 2008 Olympics and I have come across the new Audi A4 Quattro commercial. I love the music but do not know who it is. The commercial starts in a house that transcends and transforms from darkness to light and the walls become transparent. As the camera pans from one end to the other it goes through the transparent wall and the first car is a Mercedes but then transcends into the new A4 Quattro. The music is a little techno-ish but me being a idiot in music that is the best I can explain. Can anyone name that tune? Thank you....

I wouldn't mind buying the album either, but I'd like to confirm it's actually Azukx before I do. Nobody on YouTube seems to know what song it is either.

I emailed Audi and received this reply:

"We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us about
the "Progress is Beautiful" video and are very pleased that you enjoyed
the music so much. As a general rule, our commercial videos have
specially-created music from a music house for each commercial; this
music is not available to the public.

Your note has been forwarded to the appropriate individuals in our
Marketing Division, and if we receive any further information on the
music or the artists we shall be happy to share it with you."

This doesn't mean it isn't a commercially available song, but I suspect that it may be a Sigur Ros-inspired original done for the commercial. It sounds a lot like several Sigur Ros songs like Vid Spilum Endalaust, yet it doesn't seem to actually be Sigur Ros. I've heard quite a few of their songs but not all.

Listening to the Azukx sample tunes it is all beat-heavy electronica, quite different from the soaring acoustic sound in the Audi ad, so I am kind of doubtful that is actually the source.

I agree that it does sound a lot like Sigur Ros, and I immediately thought of them.

Thanks for all the help, guys! I'll have to keep an ear out for Azukx.

Originally posted by SBL@Aug 9 2008, 06:58 AM
Link to the commercial is here:
Audi Website

Artist is Sigus Ros ( http://www.sigurros.com ). An very talented Icelandic group, used in a lot of commercials -- BTW, Audi was a sponsor of one of the groups international tours in '05. The song is Hoppipolla. I assume it was rerecorded/remastered in a softer tone than the original version. You can find it on iTunes.

Originally posted by bostonads@Aug 13 2008, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (SBL @ Aug 9 2008, 06:58 AM)
Link to the commercial is here:
Audi Website

Artist is Sigus Ros (www.sigurros.com). An very talented Icelandic group, used in a lot of commercials -- BTW, Audi was a sponsor of one of the groups international tours in '05. The song is Hoppipolla. I assume it was rerecorded/remastered in a softer tone than the original version. You can find it on iTunes.
The song is DEFINITELY NOT Hoppipolla. You must have no ears, or just be relying on assumption.

why doesn't anybody who own Mind nature upload the album on the internet? Then it would be easy to confirm if in fact Azukx are the ones behind this song... ;(

Back