Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant

jasher

Reaction score
Does anyone here know the song being played in Secret's new commercial for their Clinical Strength antiperspirant?

It's very short and focuses on what appear to be newlyweds laying down and gazing at one another, while a voiceover says, "It doesn't take much to ruin the moment," or something to that effect. It's a very chipper song with a piano.

hey all - sorry about that last post - started off by adjusting my fonts and w/o thinking I hit enter to bring me down a line and it entered my post ... haha

anyway, I know exactly what commercial jasher's talking about because I've been obsessed with trying to find SOMEONE who knew the song playing in the background... i totally agree - the song sounds awesome!

it's the secret commercial that starts off with staccato eighth note piano chords that are really catchy and it shows a newly married bride and groom still decked out in full wedding gear falling in slow motion onto a bed....

and then a really fun beat with drums and symbols kicks in... it sounds like in its entirety, it's a pretty cool song

someone out there must know something!? right! =)

thanks all!

Hurrikram, I can't tell you how happy I am that I'm not the ONLY person who's looking for this song! It's driving me crazy because there's absolutely nothing about it online and there aren't any lyrics I can use to track it down.

If you ever figure it out or hear the name elsewhere, please let me know! :)

Hiyas Jasher and Hurrikram! ^ _ ^ ~/

Yeah, I too am very curious about the tune! I'm hoping to record the spot for two reasons: 1) to have an audio sample, 2) to see if there's any clues in the fine print (I doubt it but...) Sadly, I havn't seen it in a few days, so I hope it's still about. ^^'

Anyhoo, I'll let you guys know when I find new infos. ^ _ ^

Later! ^ _ ^ ~/~

Anyone find anything on this yet? I hardly ever see this commercial, but the song is awesome

I too am interested in that piece...
The Descriptions given are pretty tight.
I'm going to check You Tube to see if there.

Will post what I find if anything.

GT

Bad news. Got a response from Procter & Gamble, who manufactures Secret.

I'm glad our commercial caught your eye! I wish I could help, but the song is an original, composed specifically for the ad. We have no info on the artist and it's not available for sale. Thanks for stopping by. Karen Secret Team

Bummer.

'Ello again! ^_^~/
Nice work there ohiomedgirl! ^_^ I was thinking of contacting P&G as well, but backed away cause I could easily see getting a response like, "Your question is important to us! Please wait while your query is being evaluated." The rest of the email would be ads! >_< So, I'm very inpressed here. ^_^

Now, while the tune was composed specifficaly for the commercial, the piano line is quite likely a sample, which could easily be used in different songs. And, I swear I've heard the same line in a different application, so there still could be a full song, or two, with that chippy piano part in it! ^_^

Well, tis be all for now. Later and take care! ^_^~/~

they say it's their own song but lily allen has a song "knock em out" that sounds just like it in the beginning, the first few piano notes.

Thanks so much to all of you, especially krissy111golf who
provided the key piece I needed.

I too was convinced I'd heard this music or something very
close, and that was what I really wanted to know. Now I do,
and see where I saved a copy 9/8/07.

I did not recognize Lily Allen, but it's the same title.

With that help, my mystery is solved.

Thanks!

OK...Karen at the Secret Team is full of it....that is NOT an original composition...what it is though is a Sample of Professor Longhair's Big Chief (Available on iTunes with a 30 second clip) So Lily Allen sampled it too as well as Secret.
I KNEW I'd heard that somewhere before. I worked at a radio station many years ago and someone opened their show every week with that tune.
BAD Secret....for not giving credit where credit is due...same for Lily Allen.
Search iTunes for Professor Longhair as well as Big Chief and sort by name and you'll find all the different versions. Some kick, some suck.
Professor Longhair - Big Chief (Full Version) Ultimate Mardi Gras
Dr. John, The Neville Bros., The Meters, The Subdudes and a host of others did it too...

Enjoy....and you need to write Karen at Secret back and let her know it is NOT an original composition and IS for sale.;)

Back