The Big Bang Machine

berserk1891

Reaction score
Okay. I was watching the Science channel and there is a program about a giant particle accelerator they call the Big Bang Machine. Throughout the program there is a piece of music that I have heard several times in my life in many different commercials and shows. Im sure that it was used for a long time in an airline commercial, in the eighties and nineties, but I cant remember which airlinie. Anyway, its extremely hard to describe. Its operatic, fully instramental, very fast is mostly string instruments.

I think its a Gershwin tune, but I cant be sure. If anyone knows, PLEASE tell me. Ive been hearing this song at random moments for my entire life and its so beautiful its driving me crazy.

Oh. And the piano piece playing while Brian discusses Einstein is used as the music for Rare Exports, Inc. Not sure of the composer. I wish they would credit these things.

FINALLY!! Ive been trying to find this song for YEARS!! I just saw the show again and I was reminded that I posted this question so long ago. I didnt think I had a snowball's chance in hell of finding this song. Thank you all so so much. This site rules. IT RULES!

Yeah, I have the same question. The piece that plays towards the end of the show that has the music box in it got stuck in my head forever. I would like to find it.

Perpetuum Mobile is most of it but not the music box bit when the presenter is standing in front of the water fountain - any ideas anyone?

I spoke with Tuomas Seppanen, the music director for the Rare Exports videos and he let me in on the secret. That song is Mystic Tryst by Jim Dooley. It is a royalty free song and is available on www.extrememusic.com. Go to "Get Trax", then click on director's cut and then album name Fantasy. You'll see it there on the list. Enjoy!

Hi I realize this may now be a dead post but, There is another tune which plays during the introduction of leon lederman, It's a beautiful haunting orchestral tune which has been plaguing my mind for months now,

If anybody picks this up and knows the answer, please please reply, I promise i'll return the favor.

Thanks in advance

Terry

Back