The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Sketch105

Reaction score
Ok, this was probably a topic months ago, but what is the music at the beginning of the trailer for Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) when the New Line logo appears. Sorry if this has to be reiterated..

The song is called "Song to the Siren" performed by "This Mortal Coil".
You can't find that track on the "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Soundtrack... but you can get it on the "This Mortal Coil" album named "It'll End in Tears"

:)

Just want to add the vocals for that song were performed by Elizabeth Frazier of the Cocteau Twins, one of the greatest groups of all time. They are now defunct but Liz has a solo album coming out this spring/summer. Robin Guthrie, the bands guitarist, just put out a awesome intrumental album called "Imperial". Simon Raymonde released a brillant solo album a couple years back called "Blame someone else". You should check this band out and their solo projects, great stuff.

>K.
Sorry for any typos, I just woke up...

it starts out with a woman singing, then the end part is instrumental, i would like
to know both songs. it can be found on the dvd special features-trailers. thx

The song at the beginning is This Mortal Coil - Song to the Siren. I'm not sure about the instrumental song though..

thanks shakezula! the instrumental part is like strings-violins, very climactic.
it reminds me of clint mansell - lux aeterna and moulin rouge - roxanne, strings.

"Signal to Noise" by Peter Gabriel (it's the instrumental version, which appears on the Gangs of New York soundtrack)

John H.
narphonax.com

cool! i just dl-ed signal to noise, at first i thought it sorta sounded like the trailer
song but i thought it was too weak. it's ok now. i think i just remember it to be
more climactic like lux aeterna, which i love. thx jjprodmast!

It's called Song to the Siren sung by this Mortal Coil, but it seems that the version played on the trailer isn't available anywhere because it was sung by another artist brought in by New Line Cinema.

O'kay this may be old or I 'm just a little late but does anybody know the name of the song from the texas chainsaw massacre trailer that came out in 2002 it's the first trailer before they started showing the one that involved the cops and making it look like someone was taking a picture.The first one is with Jessica Biel holding her boyfriend's hand as they are driving down the highway the song is playing I remember a few of the words ummmm.... something shipless oceans.If anyone knows the name of this song and who it's by please let me know

Here's what I found, via reviews at Amazon.com:

The song on the trailer was FASHIONED after the version by This Mortal Coil but was actually sung by my sister Renée from the band Moneypenny. It performed just by her (not the whole band) and only the portion heard on the trailer was recorded.

The song is called "Song of the Siren."

Originally posted by michelle@Aug 31 2004, 08:36 PM
Here's what I found, via reviews at Amazon.com:

The song on the trailer was FASHIONED after the version by This Mortal Coil but was actually sung by my sister Renée from the band Moneypenny. It performed just by her (not the whole band) and only the portion heard on the trailer was recorded.

The song is called "Song of the Siren."
:D gee thanx a bunch

I also found this elaborate answer here.

1) The version of "Song to the Siren" as featured in the TCM soundtrack IS NOT the version as recorded by This Mortal Coil

2) The TCM soundrack rendtion of this song was recorded SPECIFICALLY for the soundtrack

3) The vocals are done by Renee Firner, singer for the Minneapolis band Moneypenny. (More information on Moneypenny [who are now defunct] can be found at mp3.com under Moneypenny USA [there is an Irish band on mp3.com also called Moneypenny])

4) The instruments and production were done by Ev, multi-instrumentalist for the Minneapolis band 12 Rods. More info about 12 Rods can be found at 12rods.com

5) The recording was done at Twin Cities studio Integral Recordings

6) There is no full version of this song available ANYWHERE. Don't go looking.

7) Yes, it sounds a lot like This Mortal Coil's version, or several other versions, but it's NOT any of them.

8) Renee Firner just performed this song on October 11th at the Bryant Lake Bowl Theatre, with Dave Beckey from The Autumn Leaves accompanying her on guitar.

9) There is no information as to whether this will be on the official TCM soundtrack, but I doubt that it will be.

Originally posted by michelle@Aug 31 2004, 08:40 PM
I also found this elaborate answer here.

1) The version of "Song to the Siren" as featured in the TCM soundtrack IS NOT the version as recorded by This Mortal Coil

2) The TCM soundrack rendtion of this song was recorded SPECIFICALLY for the soundtrack

3) The vocals are done by Renee Firner, singer for the Minneapolis band Moneypenny. (More information on Moneypenny [who are now defunct] can be found at mp3.com under Moneypenny USA [there is an Irish band on mp3.com also called Moneypenny])

4) The instruments and production were done by Ev, multi-instrumentalist for the Minneapolis band 12 Rods. More info about 12 Rods can be found at 12rods.com

5) The recording was done at Twin Cities studio Integral Recordings

6) There is no full version of this song available ANYWHERE. Don't go looking.

7) Yes, it sounds a lot like This Mortal Coil's version, or several other versions, but it's NOT any of them.

8) Renee Firner just performed this song on October 11th at the Bryant Lake Bowl Theatre, with Dave Beckey from The Autumn Leaves accompanying her on guitar.

9) There is no information as to whether this will be on the official TCM soundtrack, but I doubt that it will be.
:D hey thanx for the info. and you're great, it's sad thoguh cause I really wanted to get that song but your help is just as good

hi, ive read here before that the music at the end of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is Signal to Noise by Peter Gabriel, so i acquired that song. And although it does seem to be the same music (same beat, same instruments playing, etc) when i listen through Signal of Noise there is no point at which i think "ah-ha! thats where it comes in in the trailer" because to me i never hear that triumphal sort of bit that i do in the trailer.

Does anyone who knows both actually know which section of signal to noise was used in the TCM trailer?

Back