Toxic Avenger IV

N1trostyle

Reaction score
Hello

I have had this tune stuck in my head for a few years. I even thought I might have made it up myself! But today I was watching the film: Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger 4 and the song was in it! Here is a youtube link. It is 5 minutes long however the song is at the very beginning of this fight sequence.

Please note: The first 45 seconds are OK to watch but after that be advised there is some cartoon blood and gore. It only plays for about 20 seconds so there is no need to watch the whole thing in my opinion, if you have a weak stomach.

Link:

Any help from metal or hard rock aficionados would be greatly appreciated!!

I'd like to know the song as well.

It kind of sounds like the band Slaves On Dope to me.

It could possibly be.

Things Outside The Skin - "Atmosphere" or "Down The Middle"

After listening to the isolated audio file it is possible to hear some lyrics going on in the background. Unfortunately, it's very hard to understand with the effects added. All I was able to get was:

"you think that you can" (right at the end)

"his name is (...?...)"

As for the sountrack... I doubt this song is included since it has such a minor role in the movie. The "unnamed tracks" are likely just snippets of character dialogue taken from the movie interspersed with the music. Troma does that with their soundtracks.

Why do I have a nasty suspicion this is from the "Younger, Younger 28s" ?

I remember where I heard this song. Check this out... listen from 3:30 - 4:00:

...sounds similar don't it?

The music for that game was done by Orbital and The Younger Younger 28s. While the former are still very popular in the trance and techno scene, the latter have fallen into complete obscurity. They sound almost identical except there are no lyrics in the 1997 recording.

Are the YY28s responsible for the Troma version of this song? If so, what is the name of this song and/or is it a cover done by another band?

The mystery unravels further.

Back