UEFA Euro 2008

auh_11

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song they play during all the Euro 2008 matches, the song they play after a goal when the players are celebrating. It sounds like a pump-up dance song, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance

Did anyone happen to recognize the song that was played in stadiums during the UEFA soccer tournament after goals were scored? It seemed to be the same song regardless of the stadium - celebratory instrumental, no lyrics that I could hear. Sadly I don't have a sample to share but given the geniuses on this board it may not be necessary, haha.

The previous poster is correct. The song is Samba de Janeiro by Bellini. Yes, they played it every time a goal was scored. The song does have lyrics, but the sample they constantly played was short and very instrumental.

If you had the pleasure of being at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, you would have fallen in love with a song by Bob Sinclair titled, "Love Generation". That song was played before and after each match, as well as during half time. Safri duo's "Played Alive" was another popular song played at every stadium during the 2006 World Cup.

I always attribute 'Samba de Janeiro" with the Brazilian soccer team, "Life is Life" by Opus with Italy (played alot when Italy hosted the World Cup in 1990, and "

-George

Back