Australia

amittman123

Reaction score
Anyone know what that theme is in the new AUSTRALIA trailer? It's pretty darn good. Goosebumps.

- AM

I'm curious too. That music was freaking cool....

Also, anyone know if the movie is a musical or regular movie. With Baz Luhrman you never know....

AM,

Ok, according to Joblo it's a combination of two songs....

Here's what they had to say:

I know I heard "The Ecstasy of Gold" from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" by Ennio Morricone.

Turns out the music (at least that in the second half of the trailer) is from Brannaugh's Henry V scored by Patrick Doyle.

I haven't checked Itunes to see if you can pick up either of those two...

Ken

AM,

Got more. Stalepopcorn actually lists the name of the music...

"St Crispin's Day - Battle of Agincourt", composed by Patrick Doyle for Kenneth Branagh's Henry V.

Happy hunting...

Ken

Thanks guys!

Ya, i figured out it was Henry V too, but it seems like a bit of a different version than any available I can find. It's more dramatic. A bit more "trailery" I think. But thanks for the help!!

Well, I have a question.

At Indy 4 last night, I thought they played more of "Balcony Scene" by Craig Armstrong from R+J... I've watched the online trailer a few times, and it only plays for about 3 seconds! Is Trailer C exactly the same as the theater version?

Here is the youtube video of Henry V with the music in the background. Here is an interesting part - the music in the Austriallia Soundtrack is clearly from this but... take a listen to John Barry's Dances with Wolves Soundtrack #10 Buffalo Hunt. Sound vaguely familiar?

Does anyone know the second\final piece of music that plays in the trailer for Baz Luhrmann's "Australia"? I know the first piece is "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio Morricone, but the second orchestral piece I don't know. Does anyone know?

Here's a link to the trailer if you haven't seen it.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/australia/

Just saw the Stunning new Tv Spot for Australia with nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. I love love love the first song they play in the begining. It's mellow and no vocals. I can't even find video of it to link to. This isn't the trailer thats out already where Nicole is storytelling to the child (there is already a thread for that). It's a new one that I just saw on TV tonight during Deserate Housewives. It starts with Nicole looking out a window and cuts to some fantastic close ups of her then Hugh. I'm dying inside to know this. Anyone know the song? Can't wait to see the film!

Originally posted by rouge219@Sep 28 2008, 06:56 PM
Just saw the Stunning new Tv Spot for Australia with nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. I love love love the first song they play in the begining. It's mellow and no vocals. I can't even find video of it to link to. This isn't the trailer thats out already where Nicole is storytelling to the child (there is already a thread for that). It's a new one that I just saw on TV tonight during Deserate Housewives. It starts with Nicole looking out a window and cuts to some fantastic close ups of her then Hugh. I'm dying inside to know this. Anyone know the song? Can't wait to see the film!
It sounds like a song from the band Explosions in the Sky, I don't know which song exactly but if I find out I'll post it.

Explosions in the Sky - The Only Moment We Wore Alone

And yes, that is wore, not were. :)

Theres also a Trailer that Features, IMO one of the Best Peices of Trailer Music every written, Two Steps from Hell - Tristan

Australia TV Trailer / Pirates

Does anyone know what the music in the Australia Tv Trailer that sounds exactly like Pirates of the Caribbean with a few notes changed here and there ? Could it be a library cue ? X-ray Dog ...... Two Steps From Hell ? Maybe Hans Zimmer scored it ?

Re: Australia TV Trailer / Pirates

Does anyone know what the music in the Australia Tv Trailer that sounds exactly like Pirates of the Caribbean with a few notes changed here and there ? Could it be a library cue ? X-ray Dog ...... Two Steps From Hell ? Maybe Hans Zimmer scored it ?

"Pirate's Quest" by NonStopMusic.

Back