Grand Theft Auto IV GTA 4

donnell351

Reaction score
Anybody know the name of the song playing in the back of the new GTA 4 trailer....its a classical piece? any help would be great.

ahhhh....EGGScellent. I just saw it, recognized the music, and I thought someone might be asking about it. So here I am. Its music by Phillip Glass produced for the 1982 film "Koyaanisqatsi". Not sure exactly which song without some further research. Its not on iTunes, but I have the old vinyl record that I could give a listen to. Maybe Amazon has some samples. (EDIT: I think it is the selection called "Cloudscape". Here is an Amazon link to the music. Its not the original recording that I have, but its all that is available: link

Now there was a trilogy of these movies, all with fairly similar music so I hope I am right with the above. I will try to confirm by listening to my vinyl record soundtrack.

I actually saw this movie in a theater way back then and it made a great impression on me. Well worth seeing.

From IMDB: A movie with no conventional plot: merely a collection of expertly photographed scenes. Subject matter has a highly environmental theme.

More from IMDB

Koyaanisqatsi is Hopi Indian for "Life Out of Balance".

I think that might be an apt description for what happens to the main character in GTAIV.

After listening to the original motion picture soundtrack for Koyaanisqatsi, I can confirm that this music is actually called "Pruit Igoe", Side 1, track 4, 7:02 in length.

Some more notes:

The 1998 rerecording of the soundtrack is not as good as the original, according to the customer reviews found here. Of particular note, the original recording of "Pruit Igoe" is apparently emotionally stronger than the available rerecording. I believe the original recording is used in the new GTAIV game trailer.

"Pruit Igoe" is named for the dilapidated and abandoned low-income housing project in St. Louis whose destruction it accompanies musically in the film. Could this be foreshadowing for an event in the game?

Originally posted by Nano@Mar 31 2007, 05:42 AM
[snip]Its music by Phillip Glass produced for the 1982 film "Koyaanisqatsi". [snip] Its not on iTunes (ed. Oh yeah?),[snip] Maybe Amazon has some samples. (EDIT: I think it is the selection called "Cloudscape". Here is an Amazon link to the music. Its not the original recording that I have, but its all that is available: link
[snip]
"Cloudscape" by Phillip Glass

Get it at Amazon.

;)

Good to see the original soundtrack is available at Amazon. The one available at iTunes is the rerecorded version.

However, it is NOT "Cloudscape". It is:

"Pruit Igoe" by Phillip Glass

Get it at Amazon.

This cannot be determined by listening to the snippets at Amazon or iTunes. You must listen to the entire track.

Hey people .. i just saw the Gta IV trailer 2 ... does anyone know whats the song ?

Here is the trailer link GTA IV

Help would be appreciated :)

Originally posted by irvine@Jun 28 2007, 11:52 AM
Hey people .. i just saw the Gta IV trailer 2 ... does anyone know whats the song ?

Here is the trailer link GTA IV

Help would be appreciated :)
I read on another board that the song from Trailer 2 is:

"Arm In Arm (Shy Child Remix)" by "The Boggs"

Haven't been able to confirm yet though.

whats the song of this ad that I've noticed recently come up, kind of a tecno beat and it sounds like the guy is saying "wish you were dead" in it

I would also really like to know that "Wish you were dead" song They repeat that many times so im suprized thats not the title.

I just found the trailor on youtube and the poster lists it as
"Vagabond (Liberty City Mix)" - Greenskeepers
I beleive this means it is on the GTA album

what about the one where the lyrics are: I've come a long way to see you...... I live in this city and I'm outta control

Looking for song title and artist of the song featured in the new Grand Theft Auto IV TV spot. I saw it last night (May 30, 2008) during the Daily Show. They lyrics go something like "I came a long way to see you, but I wish you were dead."

Thanks!

Back