Bend It Like Beckham

dion_eng

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Did anyone hear the song "The Power of Love" in an Indie version? The artist is by Amar and the credits at the end of the movie says "Sitam" version.

I've looked at all the Bend it like Beckham soundtracks and they DON'T have this great version. I was wondering if it may be listed as another name or if anyone has found it. I have been searching for the song for months now...

This is what it says at IMDb:

"The Power of Love"
Written by Wolfgang Detmann, Gunther Mende, Jennifer Rush and Mary Susan Applegate
Published by EMI Songs Ltd.
Version "Sitam" Vocals by Amar
Licensed courtesy of Multitone Records/BMG Entertainment International UK & Ireland Ltd.

(which is exactly what you have...) hmm :unsure: the original song is by jennifer rush, which has been covered by a few other artists. but i can't find anything for the particular artist amar.

Hi,
Wondering which song was playing in the background when that
indian girl was told not to play in the final match and she was
hanging the washed clothes in the garden?
It wa a girl singing and repeating the word "free",please help!

hi loved this movie...

the song playing when she is hanging up the clothes is "Dream the Dream" and it's performed by Shaznay Lewis, a member from All Saints. The song isn't included in either versions of the soundtrack though.

hi the song power of love in the movie b i l beckham is by amar its the b side of
make it easy on yourself 1994 can be bought at beat music .com tried to buy it myself today

hope this helps

liverpool-lad

hi to dion
i have finally tracked down THE POWER OF LOVE/AMAR from the film bend it like beckham when i get it i will let you know

liverpool-lad

I was wondering if anyone knew the song that was played during the part where Jes is kicking the ball in her back yard feeling bad about not playing. She kicking the ball through the clothes lines, :huh: the lyrics are something like:

"Dreeeeeam, Dream a dreeeeeeeeeam, Dreeeeeeeam, Dream a Dreeeeeeam"

Yah, that all i remember so your help would be most appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Lauren

Michelle, or any admin, if you want to post a sticky or something for the complete song list for Bend it Like Beckham go here.. That may help with any question for the movie, it certainly has helped me.

If anyone does find this tune please let me know i have been dying to get my hands on it for ages.

Sam

liverpool-lad said you can get it from beatmusic.com, a few posts above this one...

yes I have got it !!!!

it is brilliant, it is the 4th track on the single cd of Make it Easy On Yourself and it is actually just called "sitam" rather than power of love. hth

Hi, anyone know title of songs in the film "bend it like beckham", not included in original soundtrack??

Thank you for all!

You can find the whole soundtrack listing Here

Many are not included in the soundtrack cd available Here

There's also a little bit of other information in older threads here, if you search for them.

eee, I didn't mean to come off as bitching... Now that I read it again, I did (sorry for that) -- I just was pointing out that there was another discussion on some other songs from the movie too, in addition to the info Xsystus gave.

Originally posted by karbouet@Aug 25 2004, 12:00 PM
Michelle you're just to cute to be bitchy ;)
:D That's sweet of you to say. I bet a lot of people might challenge you on that, well maybe not... they've probably left the forums. :lol:

Just saw the movie "Bend It Like Beckham" trying to find a song that I don't hear on the soundtrack, song gos something like "Tonight make it so wonderful, Tonight...."I Think it's A Female Singer Singing The Song, that's all I got I also remember that song from a Soccer/Coca Cola commercial you know they are playing soccer drinking Coke, Please Help :)

Back