McDonalds kid's soccer football game

mrs-thompsons-boy

Reaction score
This commercial aired about 11:35 EST during the NBA finals. Kids were playing soccer. The winning team hoisted the trophy, but the losing team hoisted Happy Meals.

The music had a twangy, fuzzy guitar riff playing and the words were in spanish. Couldn't quite make out any words. Not much help, I know, but hopefully someone out there knows...

I was so excited that this song was used! I kind of thought Os Mutantes was exxtra-obscure (in the US), being a 60s/70s Brazilian psychedelic rock band.

Anyway, what a cool commercial! I believe they're singing in Portuguese. There's a slightly sillier sounding English version called "She's my shoo shoo" that's worth looking up. :)

_Uni

does anyone know the name or artist of the song in a new MacDonald's commercial for the Olympics? In the commercial it is a kids soccer game and the losers get their happy meals and become... well, happy.
It sounds like a Brasilian song, I definitely heard Portuguese but I can't remember any specific words. Any thoughts? Thanks! :)

I just saw the commercial again and came on the ask the same question ! Does anyone know ?

It is
Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina

I don't know what album.

Great band. You might like the rest of their stuff too!

One of my faves by the UK's The Bees [known by A Band of Bees in the US]
"A Minha Menina" from the album "Sunshine Hit Me"

I think it is a new mix. I think I like it better.

Amazon.com Sunshine Hit Me

the song was written by Jorge Ben.

trying to find the song in the mcdonalds commercial where these kids are playing a soccer game and when one team wins and starts gloating the other team is brought happy meals and end up having a better time. can't seem to find the song anywhere. thanks!

Does anyone know the song in that commercial for McDonalds that has that soccer team that loses and then gets McDonalds?

Nevermind I was spelling McDonalds in my search the first time. Sorry!

Back