Great Live Performances

Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai

Reaction score
Let's start an inventory of amazing live (musical) performances from YouTube.

Here's the criterion:

1. The live performance must be for a great song, be it recent or classic. I mean... what's the point of posting a great performance of a lousy song?

2. The live performance itself must simply be fantastic, one that "brings the house down" so to speak.

3. And NO rick-rolling. :( And yes, I mean you doctormemory! :angry: You're always up to your old tricks. :rolleyes:

Ok, here's my first suggestion...

Frankie Vallie & The Four Seasons - December '63 ( O, What a Night! )

This one totally rocks! Note the blonde drummer guy here. He's just having a whale of a time in being somewhat successful in stealing the limelight from Big Frank. Lol, he reminds me of a close buddy of mine from middle school. :rolleyes:

And my second suggestion is of the same song, but this time Big Frank & The Four Seasons are performing live at an Obama rally. Yes, a recent Obama rally in New Jersey. Click Here. :)

B)

I really don't know if those of you who weren't even born yet can truly appreciate how huge THIS was back in the day but the crowd you hear was the average noise level when he played this. Every time.....everywhere.....every show that he played it. It was just this phenomenally huge thing to hear Frampton play this tune.

Now he does Geico Commercials :p

Here's three live performances of Heart's Barracuda.

1. On American Idol with Fergie, 2008---This one is ok.

2. a. 1977 Live studio performance? ---Amazing. The Heart Sisters were pretty damn hot in their hey-day.

b. (same one as above but vid is not horizontally scrunched up!) --but sound quality is lower.

3. Gretchen Wilson & Alice In Chains, ft. Nancy Wilson - Barracuda (VH-1 hall of fame?, 2007 ?)
---This one is SUPER AMAZING., but the vid quality sucks. A while ago there were several version of this on YouTube and all were in very high quality, but they were all removed. So be sure to watch this one before it disappears! :eek:

I dunno... But is it me or is Nancy Wilson still hot in that milfy cougrish kinda way! :wub:

(She's the skinny blonde one... Not the fat one. :lol: )

Natalie Merchant - Carnival (1999) :huh:

Incredible! Very few artist can perform live like Natalie Merchant. Perhaps only Celine Dion matches her in how their live performances either match or even beat their studio recordings. Their voices never crack.

Even Floyd's, Zeppelin's, the Stones' live performances don't measure up to their respective studio recordings, i.e. voices crack and so on.

I know I'm a nerd for revealing this but I saw Neil Diamond in October and it was really good. :)

Back