HBC The Bay "World Party"

kangaroos

Reaction score
'the Bay Spring collection -- World Party' commercial has been on a lot and i was wondering what song that is.
it has people dancing in the end and starts white and then color gets added into everything.

Name of the Song please??

I am looking for the music from current HBC the Bay commercial. Starts off with a party where everyone is wearing white. Then it starts to rain and everywhere a rain drop hits, colour spreads. The ad campaign tagline is "World Party". Music reminds me of MGMT.

Love the song, can anybody help me out?

I'd been wondering that too. However, I just heard it on my college radio and the reason why it may sound familiar is because it is MGMT! "Time to Pretend" to be exact.

Originally posted by grompo@May 27 2008, 07:55 PM
I'd been wondering that too. However, I just heard it on my college radio and the reason why it may sound familiar is because it is MGMT! "Time to Pretend" to be exact.
"Time to Pretend" by MGMT

Get it at Amazon.

;)

I'm pretty positive that it's not MGMT. It doesn't sound anything like Time to Pretend... I'd love to know what it is though... Hmmm

thansks.
yeah it does sound like 'time to pretend', may be if you make it faster... and its' not MGMT singing it either...

its not mgmt.. (altho after listening to time to pretend i really like it :)) ive been looking for this song everywhere, checking thsi thread every few days for someone to post it.. does anyone know? anyone!? V_V

I think it does sound a lot like "Time to Pretend"

You might find a particular version of it here: http://elbo.ws/tracks/mgmt/

They have a bunch of links to sites where you can listen to remixes of the song in flash player format like Myspace.

I also 99.99% positive its not any of the songs posted. I am tempted to believe it is an 'international artist/band' ... hence the "world Party" campaign. I also have been looking for this song and can't seem to find it.

thanks to the link minimarkoman posted, i'm pretty sure it's 'time to pretend'.
i have the little clip of the commercial if anybody cares to watch it...
clip

I hate to be the critic, but I still disagree :), very similar chord progression in the music, but the vocals and strings are different, along with some of the other ambient sounds. Maybe The Bay marketing group would tell us?

After watching the commercial kangaroos posted, "time to pretend" is pretty close, although it's certainly a different from any of the remixes I've heard. I'll keep searching, but unfortunately you can't hear any of the lyrics due to the voiceover to confirm.

it's definitely not MGMT - it's written by Grayson Matthews (www.graysonmatthews.com), a music house in Toronto - other songs are available from Grayson on itunes, but this particular track doesn't exist yet as a full song - it was written for the spot.

Back